The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

I drink Long Island Iced Tea's and I want to change up the liquors.

For instance, this is what I want:

swap the Beefeaters for Bombay Sapphire

swap the Sky Vodka for Grey Goose VX

swap the Bacardi Rum for Appleton Estates VX

swap the Hornitos Tequila for Patron Reposado

This would bring my drink up to $44.15 still under the new limit BUT will the bartenders actually make my drink like this and let it fall under Cheers?

You see, my thinking is that they may say that since I'm changing up the "original" spirits, it's no longer considered a Carnival Cocktail.

Well that is interesting. I would say that it would be fine. I have been in a bar where it Saud tge Gin & Tonic was made with Beefeaters but I asked for a Bombay & Tonic no problem. So as long as you order the long Island ice tea and just changing the liquors not telling them to double it up I don't see a problem.

Besides it doesn't hurt to ask.

When ordering a drink with Cheers, do the receipts show the original price of the drink at all?

On NCL with the drinks package, the receipts showed the original price of the drink, and then a discount to end up with a zeroed out total price.

Was wondering if Carnival's receipts with Cheers show the original price anywhere on the receipts?

Thanks,

When ordering a drink with Cheers, do the receipts show the original price of the drink at all?

On NCL with the drinks package, the receipts showed the original price of the drink, and then a discount to end up with a zeroed out total price.

Was wondering if Carnival's receipts with Cheers show the original price anywhere on the receipts?

Thanks,

I think it does but I am not 100% sure but I have vague memories of such a thing.

I drink Long Island Iced Tea's and I want to change up the liquors.

For instance, this is what I want:

swap the Beefeaters for Bombay Sapphire

swap the Sky Vodka for Grey Goose VX

swap the Bacardi Rum for Appleton Estates VX

swap the Hornitos Tequila for Patron Reposado

This would bring my drink up to $44.15, still under the new limit BUT will the bartenders actually make my drink like this and let it fall under Cheers?

You see, my thinking is that they may say that since I'm changing up the "original" spirits, it's no longer considered a Carnival Cocktail.

So, again, has anyone actually DONE this, or attempted?

_

I don't drink LIs but I have upgraded liquor in cocktails many times to a higher grade or just preferable one, even when it was a smaller $ limit on Cheers. Only once was I denied and that was due to the $ limit, as the bartender said the particular liquor rang slightly above Cheers minimums. This was reflected in the menu price of the liquor, I saw later on a menu, but I just hadn't realized. I do tip my bartenders, even with Cheers drinks, so I don't know if that matters or if there was any discretion involved at all. But I have upgraded liquors, just not in that drink, and not so many in one drink (I know I've done 2, not sure about 3, definitely not 4). I've specifically swapped other vodkas for grey goose and other rums for the Appleton mentioned or Zays if the bar has it.

Thanks,

It has the original price with a zero total and a place to add additional tip and "new total." So you'd be writing the tip twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a big group going on our next cruise and I was just wondering if i have the cheers program but want to buy a bucket of beer to split with friends on my regular sail and sign can I still do this? Or will I have to order singles 5 minutes apart?

You write in additional tip (if adding one) and then total it out.

Why do you write the tip twice?

I think because you are charge 15% when you purchase Cheers. Some people don't tip any above what they are forced to pay. And some even go the last day and have the Automatic Gratuities removed.

We have a big group going on our next cruise and I was just wondering if i have the cheers program but want to buy a bucket of beer to split with friends on my regular sail and sign can I still do this? Or will I have to order singles 5 minutes apart?

It would be legal for you to buy singles 5 minutes apart only if you we're drinking all of them yourself since you are not allowed to share with the Cheers program. You can purchase a bucket to share with your friends and pay for it with your sail n sign. If you make good fiends with a bartender, you can also get unopened bottles to take ashore for a beach excursion if you have not reached your 15 limit on a certain day. Just place them in your cabins frig and bring a small collapsible cooler with you and get ice from the ludo deck to chill them when you go to the beach. Just remember to bring a bottle opener from home in case you don't like the varieties that have twist offs.

You can buy a bucket with funds but Cheers won't cover it. You'd have to just say you're buying it for friends and purchase.

Does Cheers cover the shots that are brought around in the MDR?

How about the upcharge tea bags for Tea Time?

No, because the shots are in specialty glasses they are not covered. Tea, coffee, espresso based drinks, milkshakes, energy drinks and bottled water are all covered and there is no limit to the amount you can consume. The only limit is 15 alcoholic drinks per day.

No, because the shots are in specialty glasses they are not covered. Tea, coffee, espresso based drinks, milkshakes, energy drinks and bottled water are all covered and there is no limit to the amount you can consume. The only limit is 15 alcoholic drinks per day.

Can you order the shot from the bar waiter as a normal shot?

Does Cheers cover the shots that are brought around in the MDR?

Can you order the shot from the bar waiter as a normal shot?

In my experience, you cannot. However, I have gotten the name of a shot, gone to the atrium bar, and they've made it for me without the specialty glass (only once, and I'm not sure they can do all of them) but bar service in the MDR is just not strong enough to accommodate special requests, usually. Edit - I won't mince words...bar service in th MDR, even when you tip, no matter what you do, is usually flat out terrible, the worst bar service (and only slow/bad bar service we had) on the ship.

As to tea, I have heard yes, but never managed to get to tea time myself. Tried a few times but was always distracted by more fun elsewhere.

Edited by berrieh

Don't know for sure but I would speculate possibly not. It does cover Honest Tea (the bottled tea at the coffee bar) but the specialty tea bags are a different thing. I have brought a few of my own teabags for tea time since I enjoy fruit teas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do the beers on the Conquest usually come in bottles or cans?

If bottles, was thinking of getting some of these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/131510331382?lpid=107&chn=ps

So if I cant finish off my 15 drinks I will get the remaining ones and take then back to the room for the next day! :-)

No bottles allowed....if you order a Corona, they poor it in a plastic cup outside bars and a glass in the inside bars.

I know you can't purchase the Cheer's package using gift cards online. I just called the Fun Shops and was told for passengers wanting to use gift cards to purchase Cheer's, that an exception is made onboard and you can purchase it for the prepaid price of $49.94/day. Has anyone else done this?

No bottles allowed....if you order a Corona, they poor it in a plastic cup outside bars and a glass in the inside bars.

If you get a bucket tho, you will get your beers in bottles, and they would just come off your 15 drink max wouldnt they?

Just Googled....dont think the buckets of beer count :-(

Spose we could take a funnel and top bottles up! :-)

Edited by mufc99

You write in additional tip (if adding one) and then total it out.

Why do you write the tip twice?

Because the tab is 0.00 and if you tip 1.00, then the total is now 1.00.

1.00 tip

------

1.00 total

Essentially, writing the tip amount twice.

Because the tab is 0.00 and if you tip 1.00, then the total is now 1.00.

1.00 tip

------

1.00 total

Essentially, writing the tip amount twice.

Had to look it over more than once to see what you were meaning.. you write the tip amount and then when you write the total it is the same as the tip so you are writing the amount of the tip twice. Because the drink charge is 0.00. I just hand them a buck or a two dollar bill and call it a day.

Edited by A_Sea_Bugg

Had to look it over more than once to see what you were meaning.. you write the tip amount and then when you write the total it is the same as the tip so you are writing the amount of the tip twice. Because the drink charge is 0.00. I just hand them a buck or a two dollar bill and call it a day.

Exactly. Looks like you and I do the exact same thing, tip a dollar or two extra, but use a different method. I just give them my card and add the additional tip with a pen and call it a day. :)

I saw my husband add additional tip to the zero amount and then make the total include the original drink price. The bartender overheard me correcting him and told me not to worry because they were used to "that mistake" and would enter it in correctly.