Two questions....

bluehenfan

I've been on 7 cruises with Carnival so I was a little embarrassed today when a friend who is planning a cruise stopped by to ask me a couple questions.

We looked at the Carnival website and noticed the cost for an "extended "balcony and a "premium" balcony was the same on the cruise she was interested in booking. Because it's only 6 wks away, there weren't a large number of cabin choices and we couldn't see any difference in size of these 2 types of balconies.Only port and starboard of both types are left. I know there are a few extra large balconies but once they're booked, is there any difference between extended and premium ?

She also asked me how much tips were each day and for the life of me I couldn't remember. I just have them put on my S &S card and usually add more myself on night before end of cruise....I forget how much. Could you tell me what daily amount is per person? As always, thank you for your help.

The balconies off the aft end of the ships are typically extended. The premium ones are on the aft end of the ship and wrap around the sides. Extended costs more than a regular balcony and premium more than extended. However, sometimes they are all the same prices so always go with premium first, then extended, then regular.

I've had premium balconies several times and twice had the one they nicknamed the Bowling alley balcony, I also know balconies at the far aft end are premium, but what we saw on today on Carnival website were all located along the starboard and port side and all looked like the normal extended balconies. If you go on Carnival site and look at cabins available on the Pride the 1st week in April, that are listed as premium and extended, the ones in both classes that are still available look exactly alike !! I'm sure there's a reason for different classifications, but I can't figure out what it can be.

Thanks for tipping info.

Archived