FAO Cruisin Linda

HI Linda. I have just tried to find your review on the ports and cannot find it anywhere:(

Just wanted to ask you about Gomera, I think you said you did a trip but can you tell me was there anything to do where you berthed or was there a lot of walking to get anywhere.

Thanks

Mary

HI Linda. I have just tried to find your review on the ports and cannot find it anywhere:(

Just wanted to ask you about Gomera, I think you said you did a trip but can you tell me was there anything to do where you berthed or was there a lot of walking to get anywhere.

Thanks

Mary

Bumped the report up for you. It was on the next page.

Hi Mary,

The trip we did was classed as easy :) You just get off the ship, walk along the dock, not far, and get on the coach. We stopped to take a photo, but no-one got out as it was too misty, then we stopped again right by some cafes and toilets :D There are some pottery places there you can go to or you can just have a coffee. I don't think they know much English, Just ask for "cafe con leche" :D Then you stop for the whistling language demo and the cough medicine (sorry local liquor:rolleyes:) That is straight off the coach and into the building.

Just to warn you, it is quite a windey route and it does go up high, in case you don't like those sort of trips ;)

The town looked very nice, but we didn't have time to look round it. That's one for next year when we go on the Braemar :)

Someone else may have "done" the town. I think Dave did a different trip, so he may have some info on that.

Hi Mary,

The trip we did was classed as easy :) You just get off the ship, walk along the dock, not far, and get on the coach. We stopped to take a photo, but no-one got out as it was too misty, then we stopped again right by some cafes and toilets :D There are some pottery places there you can go to or you can just have a coffee. I don't think they know much English, Just ask for "cafe con leche" :D Then you stop for the whistling language demo and the cough medicine (sorry local liquor:rolleyes:) That is straight off the coach and into the building.

Just to warn you, it is quite a windey route and it does go up high, in case you don't like those sort of trips ;)

The town looked very nice, but we didn't have time to look round it. That's one for next year when we go on the Braemar :)

Someone else may have "done" the town. I think Dave did a different trip, so he may have some info on that.

Thanks for that Linda. If there is a nice town where ship is docked just fancied walking round.

If going up high is anything like we have done before on Lanzarote and Fuerteventura think we will give it a miss.

Will have to ask Dave what he did.

Thanks for that Linda. If there is a nice town where ship is docked just fancied walking round.

If going up high is anything like we have done before on Lanzarote and Fuerteventura think we will give it a miss.

Will have to ask Dave what he did.

I can tell you that its a pretty easy place to walk around and most of it is level ground, which was just as well as my sciatica was kicking in a bit that day:( I would like to go back and have another look around the town .

It has plenty of shops some running down little narrow back streets ,a nice park to wander around ,a Church which had a market in front of it .

we even found a heritage house with free entry and displays . Then I found a beer ..erm :o a nice cafe overlooking our berthed ship :)

Heres a bit of film from the New Year to give you an idea of the place FILM

Hi Mary,

Just to warn you, it is quite a windey route and it does go up high, in case you don't like those sort of trips.

Linda, why was there not enough time to look round the town? Or should I have asked, would there be enough time to have a quick look round the town after a coach trip and lunch?

Getting more confused between Las Palmas and La Gomera!:eek:

We did a jeep safari from Tenerife and the scenery is fantastic. We would do it again.

We had time to wander around the town and to be honest, I wouldn't rush back there. We went into a cafe and saw the worst toilet I have seen for many a long year :eek:

So you recommend an excursion, Nell? :rolleyes:

I can tell you that its a pretty easy place to walk around and most of it is level ground, which was just as well as my sciatica was kicking in a bit that day:( I would like to go back and have another look around the town .

It has plenty of shops some running down little narrow back streets ,a nice park to wander around ,a Church which had a market in front of it .

we even found a heritage house with free entry and displays . Then I found a beer ..erm :o a nice cafe overlooking our berthed ship :)

Heres a bit of film from the New Year to give you an idea of the place FILM

Thanks Kalos I like level ground:). Not sure yet but think we will just wonder round town.

What did you do in Feutaventura?

Mary, there is some good information on this site. :)

Sights in Santa Cruz De La Palma - Lonely Planet

www.lonelyplanet.com/canary-islands/la-palma/santa...la-palma/sight...

Wander north along Calle O'Daly and you'll come to the palm-shaded Plaza ... the most important example of Renaissance architecture in the Canary Islands. ... Named for an Irish trader who made La Palma his home, the street is full of shops ...

Linda, why was there not enough time to look round the town? Or should I have asked, would there be enough time to have a quick look round the town after a coach trip and lunch?

Getting more confused between Las Palmas and La Gomera!

Sorry Jackie, only just seen this post :o Watching the Arsenal game (rubbish :eek:)and doing some Family History at the same time :rolleyes:

We got back from the town at about 1.30, so needed lunch as we had an early breakfast. (well early for us :D) Then we sat in the sun for a while and then had to pack as going home next day :( I expect we could have walked back to the town, but as we are going back next Feb (all being well) it will be something to do then :)

Hi Mary,

Was your tour the Volcano and Wine one, Linda?

Sorry Jackie, only just seen this post :o Watching the Arsenal game (rubbish )and doing some Family History at the same time

We got back from the town at about 1.30, so needed lunch as we had an early breakfast. (well early for us :D) Then we sat in the sun for a while and then had to pack as going home next day :( I expect we could have walked back to the town, but as we are going back next Feb (all being well) it will be something to do then :)

DH said the game was rubbish too. You and Mary have got me onto researching my family tree but I have put it on the back burner until after the cruise. Mary's neighbours have the same surname as my maiden name.

Will definitely do an excursion, probably the Scenic La Caldera, unless someone puts me off. :D Forgot about packing!! :eek:

Mary, there is some good information on this site. :)

Sights in Santa Cruz De La Palma - Lonely Planet

www.lonelyplanet.com/canary-islands/la-palma/santa...la-palma/sight...

Wander north along Calle O'Daly and you'll come to the palm-shaded Plaza ... the most important example of Renaissance architecture in the Canary Islands. ... Named for an Irish trader who made La Palma his home, the street is full of shops ...

Sorry, Mary. Said I got the islands mixed up!! :eek: this is for La Palma not La gomera. Only had half a glass of wine, too.

Thanks Linda. It wouldn't let me print it off but I have managed to copy it.

After I lost your post I have just gone through everything to find things to do with this cruise, copied them all and have now the lovely job of trying to sort it all out.:eek:

Must get more organized.:)

Jackie

Thanks for the site going to have a look at that now.

Thanks Linda. It wouldn't let me print it off but I have managed to copy it.

After I lost your post I have just gone through everything to find things to do with this cruise, copied them all and have now the lovely job of trying to sort it all out.:eek:

Must get more organized.:)

Jackie

Thanks for the site going to have a look at that now.

Mary, I am at the same stage of cutting out the unnecessary information ready to print what I need.

Should have been sorting out clothes packing today, but went on a 4 hour walk with a group up Teasdale. Getting in some practice!

DH is getting himself all worked up worrying about the weather. One of his friends is a weather forecaster and has told him we have a good chance of very cold weather and snow next week. :eek:

Mary, I am at the same stage of cutting out the unnecessary information ready to print what I need.

Should have been sorting out clothes packing today, but went on a 4 hour walk with a group up Teasdale. Getting in some practice!

DH is getting himself all worked up worrying about the weather. One of his friends is a weather forecaster and has told him we have a good chance of very cold weather and snow next week. :eek:

It will be very cold and snowing somewhere next week in the world Jackie but it is not allowed to be like that in the Canaries.

IT IS going to be good weather.:D

Archived