Wedding Dress in the Cabin

alisonpv

Hi Ladies (& Gents?)

Any advice on storing the wedding dress in the cabin for the week?

I'd prefer a "princess" style dress, but I'm sort of limiting myself to flowy dresses (since they store smaller/easier - they aren't as poofy)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I had a princess and DW had a ballgown. Our initial plan was to use our handy dandy collapsible garment rack to hang the gowns and lay the trains on the couch (we didn't care if the other saw the gown). It definitely would have limited our space, but it was better than the alternative of stuffing them in the closet. We ended up having an empty cabin to spread them out in.

8411515362_686c670901.jpg

I had a poofy dress and stored it in the closet with the train jammed in the dress garment bag. The dress was even rolled up and stuffed into luggage and was there for about 48 hours until we boarded the ship and I could at least roll it out and put it in the closet.

Imagine my surprise when the dress wasn't even wrinkled! :eek: I was very lucky. I was able to keep it in the garment bag until the wedding day. :)

Archived