My Dream Wedding on the Carnival Dream W/PICS!!!

albean86

As for any other advice I would definitely say don't stress the small things while planning. My husband and I kept disagreeing over which song to choose for the recessional (it took us weeks to decide!!) We laugh about it now because neither of us actually even remember the recessional song being played as we were so happy and excited that we had just gotten married!

As for the pictures when we sat down with Jay we did have the list with those packages carnival provides to us and he also had a sheet with his own custom packages for us but when it came down to it we just couldn't narrow down the pictures to what the packages will give you, he had taken over 300! So you are still able to stick with those packages but be prepared to spend more if you want everything they take.

I agree! I saw all my photos and he said I could have everything for $4000, I said no problem here is my credit card haha!! So yes be prepared to love your photos and remember this is a once in a life time experience that you want to remember forever!! I do not regret spending that money ever! I have every photo and have people compliment me every time someone comes over my house.

Congratulations on getting married! We went on the Dream last March so it was nice to see the places I remembered on the boat. Your photos are beautiful and you both look very happy!

Welcome to the cruise ship married club :D

For the ceremony I had made rack cards on vistaprint just thanking everyone for coming and being a part of our special day. I had also made ribbon wands for everyone to wave when we walked back down the aisle. I also provided silk rose petals for the aisle.

For the reception I had the custom napkins, pink and blue straws, signature drink signs for the bar. More rose petals for the cake and favor table and our cake topper and ribbon for the cake plus the favors and guestbook. The rest of the decor in the disco was fine. As a bonus they had the dance floor lit up in our wedding colors navy and pink (which I did not ask for but made everything come together!)

How did you get signature drinks, do you have to request it or is it offered? Also, where did you buy the straws and cake ribbon from?

Thank u for taking the time n writing ur review! Ur wedding looked amazing and u looked FABULOUS!!!! Who makes ur dress n what style is it? I love it!!!

I can't wait I am getting married on the Grandeur of the Seas in July 2014 n ur review made me excited :)

How did you get signature drinks, do you have to request it or is it offered? Also, where did you buy the straws and cake ribbon from?

I had to request it from my wedding coordinator and they gave me 2 options to choose from. The straws I got from http://www.etsy.com/shop/angieheartsjared

and the cake ribbon my mom actually made she purchased the two different ribbons and rhinestones from a craft store then used fabric glue to put them all together.

Thank u for taking the time n writing ur review! Ur wedding looked amazing and u looked FABULOUS!!!! Who makes ur dress n what style is it? I love it!!!

I can't wait I am getting married on the Grandeur of the Seas in July 2014 n ur review made me excited :)

Thank you so much the dress I actually got from Davids Bridal last June http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Fit-and-Flare-Gown-with-Bow-Detail-V3204_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Silhouette-Mermaid-Trumpet

I did have a seamstress take out the zipper in the back and put in a corset back. Have fun planning your wedding :)

Albean86, which vendor on Etsy did you use if you don't mind sharing? :)

O man this is a hard one I used so many lets see

Flowers: alexisgracedesigns

hair flower: serenitycrystal

Jewelry: treasures570

Custom Cake topper: doodlesandthings

Mini banner on cake: seasonaldelights

straws: angieheartsjared

bridesmaids jewelry: allstrungout1

Favors: cupcakeqtscelebrate

hanger for dress: goodlookinghangers

Signs for guestbook and signature drink: everlastingmoment

Amanda, you're the best! :) Thank you for being so kind in sharing with us.

I have another question (don't hate me!): For the reception, we also booked the DJ. I'm just wondering though, does the DJ guide the flow of the reception for you as far as letting you know to go straight to cut the cake, asking if anyone wants to make a toast, first dance, etc.? Or the coordinator? Or do we need to do that ourselves?

I had to request it from my wedding coordinator and they gave me 2 options to choose from. The straws I got from http://www.etsy.com/shop/angieheartsjared

and the cake ribbon my mom actually made she purchased the two different ribbons and rhinestones from a craft store then used fabric glue to put them all together.

That is so creative. Did you let your coordinator know ahead of time that you were bringing cake ribbon and the straws for the drinks?

The pictures look great, I especially love your flowers :o I've been looking into having a cruise wedding in March 2014 but I wasn't sure which cruise line to go with, I've never been on a cruise.

We were married in August on the Glory. It was great! We knew that we wanted something non-traditional, and this did just the trick! People are still talking about it.

Wow...wow...wow. I have been waiting for your review since you posted about your guest bags! You had a beautiful wedding and your pictures are beyond amazing. I hope we are as fortunate as you are!

I am sure you are tired of answering questions, but of course, I have a few. Did you provide your own floor runner? I love the little touch with the rose petals. Other than not sure who had all your decorations, anything you would change?

Amanda, you're the best! :) Thank you for being so kind in sharing with us.

I have another question (don't hate me!): For the reception, we also booked the DJ. I'm just wondering though, does the DJ guide the flow of the reception for you as far as letting you know to go straight to cut the cake, asking if anyone wants to make a toast, first dance, etc.? Or the coordinator? Or do we need to do that ourselves?

no problem haha :) About 3-4 weeks before your wedding they will email you an entertainment contract (if you reserved the DJ) in this contract you will fill out your reception song choices (entrance, first dance, etc) You also choose how you want to be introduced into the reception if you want your entire bridal party introduced or family, etc (we just did the two of us to speed that up) You also put down who is going to give toasts and if you want to do a bouquet/garter toss. You will then fax or mail that back to them. The day of the wedding the coordinator will go over this with you and confirm everything. And yes the DJ does announce everything and it flowed very nicely. :) Please keep the questions coming if you have anymore

That is so creative. Did you let your coordinator know ahead of time that you were bringing cake ribbon and the straws for the drinks?

Yes I had emailed the coordinator to let them know that I was bringing my own cake topper and ribbon and I also requested that they have no "piping/designs" on the cake. They was still some piping but no big deal we just covered it with the ribbon. Our coordinator had scissors too which was great because I had forgotten mine to cut the ribbon for each tier. The straws I did not mention just had them in the "reception" box with a note to put them in pint glasses on the bar and then guests could grab them as needed. The bartenders also put them in the drinks that required straws.

Wow...wow...wow. I have been waiting for your review since you posted about your guest bags! You had a beautiful wedding and your pictures are beyond amazing. I hope we are as fortunate as you are!

I am sure you are tired of answering questions, but of course, I have a few. Did you provide your own floor runner? I love the little touch with the rose petals. Other than not sure who had all your decorations, anything you would change?

I did not provide my own floor runner that was the one carnival provided I just added the silk rose petals. Other than the rose petals I did not add any other decor for the ceremony. I would not change that. Probably the only thing I would change would be stressing about the music for the ceremony because seriously I don't think I even remember the songs we chose playing haha. I also did not request the song lounge for the ceremony I left it up to them but I am so glad thats where it was. It was the perfect size for our group of 40 and the pictures with the ceiling decor came out amazing. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

I love the short dress! Where did you get it? I also have a question about your bouquet. Where did you find the jewels? I am making my own bouquet as well with real touch roses and I can't find any that have a strong enough wire to go through the center of the bud. :-)