Nursery reservations in advance...why not?

SMASHROX

We are able to book entertainment, dinners, spa treatments, shore excursions, everything else in advance. I think it would be awesome to reserve nursery hours online in advance as well.

I realize hours allocations are based on how many children in the age group are onboard for a particular sailing, but surely Royal has some historical information based on ship, sail date, etc. they could use to give everyone with a small child an initial allotment of hours. Even if it was only 6 or 8 hours to start with, it would be a lot easier scheduling some of the evenings when I know for certain there will be child care for our baby.

We are able to book entertainment, dinners, spa treatments, shore excursions, everything else in advance. I think it would be awesome to reserve nursery hours online in advance as well.

I realize hours allocations are based on how many children in the age group are onboard for a particular sailing, but surely Royal has some historical information based on ship, sail date, etc. they could use to give everyone with a small child an initial allotment of hours. Even if it was only 6 or 8 hours to start with, it would be a lot easier scheduling some of the evenings when I know for certain there will be child care for our baby.

I actually spoke to a mom, who had scheduled care for her two, so parents could go to Quest. She said, they never showed up, no call nothing! :( She was bummed. It was the only time that they were going to be without the kids the whole week.

I actually spoke to a mom, who had scheduled care for her two, so parents could go to Quest. She said, they never showed up, no call nothing! :( She was bummed. It was the only time that they were going to be without the kids the whole week.

Apples and oranges - your friend was likely talking about in-cabin sitting which is strictly on a volunteer basis by crew members who want to earn a little extra cash. There is never a guarantee that someone will be available. OP was talking about the nursery on certain ships that offers limited hours per child.

Apples and oranges - your friend was likely talking about in-cabin sitting which is strictly on a volunteer basis by crew members who want to earn a little extra cash. There is never a guarantee that someone will be available. OP was talking about the nursery on certain ships that offers limited hours per child.

Check! Thanks for clearing that up! :o

We were also surprised that RCCL doesn't have online booking for nursery hours, especially after we were able to do it for our Disney cruise. We scheduled dinner at Giovanni's Table online, then had to wait to get on the ship to see if we could get a nursery slot!

Disney handles this much better. They allow a certain number of hours to be pre-booked online, then additional time can be booked on board.

Archived