~~A review you might just BREEZE though! + over 300 ship pics!~~

eroller

My friend you are going to do just fine on the BREEZE! LOL All the above food you mentioned on the BREEZE are done very well, probably better than most other cruise lines. In fact I would say the junk food so to speak was the best food on the BREEZE. If you're looking for a gourmet experience, then wrong ship. I just wish it was easier to get a drink. That was frustrating for me, and I missed more live music as well. Unlike you I love the shows so that was a let down, but for you a non-issue which is great. Who knows, you may end up scoring BREEZE very well, based on your personal taste and expectations. We all have our different likes and dislikes which makes the world go round!

Ernie

We also plan on buying the stateroom bar setup to save money, so getting a drink is going to be super easy :D.

Once again thank you for all the info you have provided me. I don't want to over do it with research on this trip. I want to leave some element of surprise :).

We also plan on buying the stateroom bar setup to save money, so getting a drink is going to be super easy :D.

Sounds like an awesome plan!!! No waiting for cocktails, and you can make them as strong (or weak???) as you want. :D

Sounds like an awesome plan!!! No waiting for cocktails, and you can make them as strong (or weak???) as you want. :D

Not likely weak, lol. But that system worked great during the Breakaway cruise. If not my bar bill would of been something to cry about :'-( lol.

Not likely weak, lol. But that system worked great during the Breakaway cruise. If not my bar bill would of been something to cry about :'-( lol.

I'm going to have to consider doing that in the future. I do like sitting in a lounge with music and getting waited on though, but a cocktail in the cabin beforehand could be just the ticket. ;)

I'm going to have to consider doing that in the future. I do like sitting in a lounge with music and getting waited on though, but a cocktail in the cabin beforehand could be just the ticket. ;)

Some people do both, I think that could be a good way to travel. You get a couple of bottles for the day time and at time sit at the lounge and be waited on. Still get savings and do what you like.

Some people do both, I think that could be a good way to travel. You get a couple of bottles for the day time and at time sit at the lounge and be waited on. Still get savings and do what you like.

The only lines I've done that on are Silversea and Azamara, basically because a cabin set up was free. I never really thought about paying for it on the mainstream lines, but it makes sense, especially if the bottles are reasonably priced. I'll be checking it out on my next cruise.

I'm sailing with friends on CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION early next year (short cruise out of FLL), and we have a package that includes unlimited drinks in all the bars. I'm looking forward to that and what a scary thought at the same time! I think I'll be getting my $$'s worth on that one. LOL

The only lines I've done that on are Silversea and Azamara, basically because a cabin set up was free. I never really thought about paying for it on the mainstream lines, but it makes sense, especially if the bottles are reasonably priced. I'll be checking it out on my next cruise.

I'm sailing with friends on CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION early next year (short cruise out of FLL), and we have a package that includes unlimited drinks in all the bars. I'm looking forward to that and what a scary thought at the same time! I think I'll be getting my $$'s worth on that one. LOL

I had that package on my Silly cruise, feel free to stop by the review and look at the drinks I had. If I wasn't feeling sick, I would of had much more. I was having trouble with my gastric acid spiking out of control.

NCL prices for bar setups are high $80 for 1 liter of Vodka, but with carnival we are looking at $55. Even at $80 per bottle I can tell you that I saved nearly $150 on alcohol, ncl tends to be really cheap with their drinks.

I am thinking 3-4 bottles for my Carnival 8 day cruise, more towards the 4 :D.

I had that package on my Silly cruise, feel free to stop by the review and look at the drinks I had. If I wasn't feeling sick, I would of had much more. I was having trouble with my gastric acid spiking out of control.

NCL prices for bar setups are high $80 for 1 liter of Vodka, but with carnival we are looking at $55. Even at $80 per bottle I can tell you that I saved nearly $150 on alcohol, ncl tends to be really cheap with their drinks.

I am thinking 3-4 bottles for my Carnival 8 day cruise, more towards the 4 :D.

Sorry you were not feeling well on the SILHOUETTE, that is never a fun thing. I'll have to check out your review and pics. My partner and I sailed on the SOLSTICE the first year she was in service and I fell in love with the ship. It's still one of my all time favorites. Great design and stunning decor.

Barcardi and diet coke used to be my prefered drink. One thing I didn't like on NCL is not so much that they used Pepsi, but that they used two liter bottles for mixers at the bar and often times it was flat. Nothing worse than a flat drink! Another argument in favor of a cabin bar setup!

So far I would say HAL has the weakest drinks I have experienced on ships. They really measure and very little free pour. :-(

Sailed the breeze in January... Loved it! Anyway on a cruise is better than a day at home in the cold & snow!

Great review!

Sue

this is soooooo true....we dont go to the shows anyway....sooo im good.....i''ve cruised RCCL and didnt think that their food was any better.....

Great review

As always, amazing photos Ernie

THANKS

Thank you! I truly hope we sail on the same cruise someday. It would be a pleasure to meet you. We are practically neighbors.

• 1 month later...

Archived