Trying to decide

carmel

I imagine this question has been asked a gazillion times so I apologize in advance.

DH and our two DDs went on an RCCL cruise to the E Carib last Junes. We had a fabulous time.

The whole family would like to plan a cruise for next summer. We are trying to decide upon a 7 day Eastern on DCL or a 7 day Southern on RCCL.

The advantages to the RCCL cruise is that it would be another region we would explore (we went to the Western Carib this past January).

The advantage to the DCL cruise is....well, it is DISNEY!!! My daughters are 7 and 2 and the youngest fell in love with the princesses this past March in Disneyland.

Hubby and I have been round and round with this. Every time we come up with a reason to go for one over another, something else pops up. RCCL would be cheaper in the end. That is the major drawback for us with Disney. Hubby and I have a real desire to go to the So Carib but my 2 yr old was looking at the DCL brochure last night and was squeaking over seeing Snow White.

ANY thoughts/suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. I would love for anyone who has been on both lines to chime in.

Thanks so much!!!

Go with the cheaper one and see if by chance your itinerary sails out port canaveral, if so then make a stop over for maybe dinner or breakfast with the princesess....

If not then still do the cheaper one and wait until she is another year or two older and can enjoy the Disney cruise more.

good Luck and happy sailing

:)

I agree....or spend a fews days at WDW and get her Snow White fill..ha ha..

I'd wait til she's a little older too.

They are very pricey...We did a Disney cruise once..that was enough for us. We'll stick with the less expensive. Plus Carnival or RCCL has more for the whole family. This is jmo....

But if money isn't a problem go with Disney. But I think she'd enjoy and appreciate it more if she was a little older.

We always enjoy going out of Port Canaveral. Lots to do there before or after the cruise.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

We have cruised with Disney 4x and each experience was truly memorable and fantastic. But after 4 cruises- it is the same thing. Same entertainment pretty much, same activites and so forth. Don't get me wrong- we had an absolutely fantastic time- but it was just time for us to venture out and try something new. So, we are going on our 1st cruise this Dec. on royal caribbean. It was far less expensive and we are booked in a grand-suite with conceirge. Could never have afforded this w/Disney. If this is a first experience, I would definitely say YES, it is a trip you will never ever forget and remember forever. Disney only does things one way- 1st class all the way. you are treated so royally and so special it is tough to beat. But I do feel the other cruise lines have much to offer as well. Just my opinion. Hope it helps. :D

Archived