Raiatea Snorkeling Suggestions

MNTraveler

It sounds like Bruno's is the most popular excursion on Raiatea but I'm personally not too interested in seeing the pearl and vanilla farms. I would prefer a more snorkeling intensive excursion. It sounds like snorkeling is only a portion of the Bruno trip.

I'm looking for suggestions on other Raiatea excursions that spend more time in the water. Can you help?

Thanks.

Just got back a couple of weeks ago. We went with Stephane (Mata Tours), fed the sting rays, sharks, went snorkling on a beautiful motu (had fresh fruit and juice) it lasted for about 5 hours maybe longer and for only $50! You will find him in the building as soon as you get off the tender. We had a wonderful day. He also goes to Bora Bora and I wish I knew ahead because we had made other plans.

Have fun!

we picked up west coast charters, inside the building. we shot the pass(next to the Tahaa resort), lots of beautiful coral and fish but also quite intense. Princess has this company under contract, but, last time we went, Princess didn't have enough people to fill their boat, so we were able to book them. We have gone with them both times on Raiaetea and have had a wonderful time both times.

LaurieB:

What is West Coast Charters and what kind of trip do they offer?

What does "Shot the Pass" mean for Tahaa.

We will be going on the TP In September and have not decided what to do for Raiatea yet.

Are there numerous options when you get off the ship at the Dock/Pier?

I think I remember that Princess may do something special on the ship that evening with local entertainment.

What is best thing to see at this stop. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you for any help,

Jackie

jackiealu@aol.com

there are lots of options inside the visitors center. You can do inter island trips, take a boat to a motu for the day, take several different snorkeling trips. shooting the pass - there is an opening in the coral barrier, a pass, next to the motu where a very nice resort is. you take a boat up to the end of the pass and then walk up to the"mouth". you get in the water there and float through the coral with the current, back to where you left the boat. both times we have gone the current has been very strong, so you should be a good swimmer to do this. West Coast charters is one of the companies you will find inside the visitors center. they have a website you can check out.

there is a wonderful dance show on the ship when docked at Raiatea. the group comes onboard late afternoon to perform. however, if you miss that, as we did both times, they perform again after late seating dinner. it is a wonderful show! there is also a champagne waterfall and island buffet and party on deck that night. i can't wait to go back!

One of the highlites for us both times was to meet up with CC friends at one of the restaurants onshore to share a bottle of wine or two and watch the sunset, before late seating dinner. I hope you are able to meet up with other CC'rs onboard, it made our trips very special.

Archived