Anybody stayed in a 1A lately

stevemary32

My lower bunk was just fine until I forgot the upper one was there, & cracked my head on it sitting up when I had just awakened. The rooms are pitch black & I didn't always bother to hit a light on first. I would remember most of the time but even once a day is too much. :(

Mattress on the bed was perfectly comfortable though!

OUCH..so sorry the one big snag...I always placed the stool and little round table across from me and a bit lower to help remember...Again you need 5 0r six pillows to sit up and lean back...viva flush to ceiling bunks...not there yet...sigh.

I needed a comforter they put on the bottom like a waffle pad and then very comfortable..rather have firm with a fix like that than no support...and the sheets and xtra pillows so soft and perfect..very nice linens...that is another point of it not being KMart for sure...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

• 1 year later...
The bunks are comfy. I ended up in the top bunk on Valor last year. I thought I would have problems being up so high, but it wasn't bad.

Thanks! I sure hope we can make another run for it.

Hello scgamecock. Can you tell me the cabin # you were in. I am sailing solo and looking for a quiet 1A cabin.

Sam

We had 1207 on the Valor 2 years ago and it was great. One of the big benefits is returning to the ship you are only one flight of stairs up from the gangway. The room itself looked just like the pictures someone posted and had two portholes. The price was right and would do it again in a heartbeat.

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread to say thank you for the info!

I just booked #2116 on the Dream. It has the one lower twin + one twin sofa bed and 2 porthole windows and the price was GREAT!! Not thrilled about the forward location but considering we get two windows vs a windowless interior (that cost more!), I'm happy :D.

Thanks again!

Gina

Most often the insides are only $40 more expensive. The ones on the Fantasy class are on their own hallway which makes it quite quiet except for the time a bunch of kids decided to run amok around and around. I told them to get out of there and not come back and they did just that. I like a bigger bed though.