Early Saver (Price Protection)

Conradfam13

I've searched but just can't find an answer to my question.

We are booked Early Saver for our March cruise. I see that the price technically hasn't dropped, It's exactly what we have paid, but they are offering $100.00 in OBC. Can I submit the Price Protection form to get the OBC? IF so, what price do I put in the box since it's the same price we paid? Any answers would be great!

thanks

J

We are booked Early Saver for our March cruise. I see that the price technically hasn't dropped, It's exactly what we have paid, but they are offering $100.00 in OBC. Can I submit the Price Protection form to get the OBC? IF so, what price do I put in the box since it's the same price we paid? Any answers would be great!

thanks

J

I would say yes. But just remember to take that OBC into account when checking later for lower prices. Because if the price goes down $40pp you would get that decrease but loose your OBC, so you would be $20 higher overall. That OBC is tied to that promation so that OBC goes away if you change to a different rate.

We matched once to a rate with OBC. We had to call after being denied. We were denied because the rate was higher than we paid. But with the OBC we would be ahead. The OBC was $150 for the cabin. We paid the higher rate of $40pp for the 2 of us and got the OBC. That gave us a $70 lower net price for the cabin.

So I say submit the form!

Sharon

thanks

J

I have recent experience with this same scenario. A few weeks ago I tried it with the early saver price protection form, and they sent me an e-mail back saying I'd have to call them within 24 hours to get it to go through (I'm assuming since it wasn't just a straightforward reduction in the fare and involved having to pay more up front). At that time, it was only a $20 net gain, and I didn't get back to them in time and just let is slide.

With the 3-day sale going on now (through Feb. 22, 2013), the net gain is $60, so I decided to just call instead of submitting the form. I called last night, and it was absolutely painless. We have to pay $80 more up front (still before final payment--so they added it to our balance due), and then we got $140 promotional refundable on-board credit. I made sure to reiterate that we didn't want to lose our ES status, and I asked them to send me a new confirmation e-mail so I could make sure nothing else with the reservation was altered. It all went off without a hitch and took maybe 3 minutes to complete. BTW, I selected the "guest care" option on the phone tree menu rather than the "already booked" option--for whatever that's worth.

From now on, of course, if there are further price reductions, I'll have to bear in mind that the OBC is tied to the 3-day sale promotion, so any further submissions will have to be lower than the net price with the OBC, like the poster above said.

Good luck!

I submitted for the current OBC also but haven't heard yet. I did it a few months ago when the OBC was only $50 and got it without a problem. I expected to lose it when I got the next price drop but it is still showing and has through several more drops (all after final payment).

Archived