Bday curing cruise and can switch clubs

crusinfamof4

Actually, I've had friends that took their daughter to Guest Services during the cruise and changed their age on their card. Daughter was then able to change clubs.

how is that possible when you have to sail with a birth certificate.

and why does guest services get involved with the camp run programs./

a different question too- why would you want your 14 year old daughter to be hanging with 17-18 year old boys.. (shudders to think-- glad my kids are grown today and not have that worry)

I was 2 months shy of my 15th birthday, and they let me in (never actually signed up/went, but they allowed me to). I was sailing with my friend who was 15, and her sister who was 17 at the time. As far as I know, you can switch. I felt more comfortable with an older group, I like to hang out with people older than myself.

how is that possible when you have to sail with a birth certificate.

and why does guest services get involved with the camp run programs./

a different question too- why would you want your 14 year old daughter to be hanging with 17-18 year old boys.. (shudders to think-- glad my kids are grown today and not have that worry)

Well,,,, let's see

On Sunday, when you board the ship, she's 14.

On Wednesday, she turns 15 (confirmed with birth certificate).

Guest Services updates the records, issues a new Sail and Sign card.

At 15, she's now entitled to enter Club O2

As far as the second part of your question. I believe that is an opinion. Thank God we all are entitled to opinions

Well,,,, let's see

On Sunday, when you board the ship, she's 14.

On Wednesday, she turns 15 (confirmed with birth certificate).

Guest Services updates the records, issues a new Sail and Sign card.

At 15, she's now entitled to enter Club O2

As far as the second part of your question. I believe that is an opinion. Thank God we all are entitled to opinions

I hope you didnt take my post as a flame-- nothing about it. Was curious

reading some reviews where people were not happy that their kid could not move up in age group because the counselor says no-- the parents go to guest services and the kid is moved. (doesnt say much for the counselors now does it) that is why they comment about guest services-- if the counselor says no- they need to back them up.

reading some reviews where people were not happy that their kid could not move up in age group because the counselor says no-- the parents go to guest services and the kid is moved. (doesnt say much for the counselors now does it) that is why they comment about guest services-- if the counselor says no- they need to back them up.

I understand your point.

Is it possible the confusion comes from Camp Carnival age groups (the little ones) vs. what the OP is asking regarding the Circle C and Club O2 clubs.

I understand your point.

Is it possible the confusion comes from Camp Carnival age groups (the little ones) vs. what the OP is asking regarding the Circle C and Club O2 clubs.

i think it becomes a muted point since these kids rarely do group activitiies. the Club 2o had a real meeting place but that is changing for Circle c kids too.

the meeting room on glory looked amazing.

but these age groups only tend to hang out together. around the ship.

but meeting in designated "clubs" the counselors will not allow someone not the right age to be in there.

Archived