Snorkeling

Andoria

My father 72, isn't in the best shape. Last November we went snorkeling in Cozumel and we thought he'd have a heart attack. He was tossed around by the surf, had trouble getting his flippers on and kept on falling getting out of the water. My mother was a nervous wreck thinking he was going to drown.

Since I love snorkeling now I was planning on trying it out in Bermuda and I just found out my father wants to do it with me. I think if he had an easy access point, things would be OK.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

That does look perfect! Thank you so much for your help. Do you know if we can get there by bus? Dad also wants to do use mopeds which is making my mother nervous. Trying to keep the peace:)

The public buses do not serve Tobacco Bay, but there are taxis or van to take you there and return. They can be found at King's Square in St George.

As for the motor scooter, if your dad is an experienced motorcycle user here in the States then I would say go for it, but what about your mother? If unexperienced, Bermuda is no place to learn, JMHO.

SBtS

I will disagree with SBtS on the mopeds. First of all, what does, "father isn't in the best shape" entail? Even experienced riders do not always say go for it and all the cruise lines, as well as most of the Bermudians who post here, strongly advise against it.

Two years ago a friend's husband whined and moaned about the scooters so she finally gave in. A truck coming the other way across the center line forced them into a very sharp stone wall. They did, however, have a nice ride in a police cruiser to the hospital. They were lucky with relatively minor injuries, puncture wounds, broken toes, road rash, but they'll surely never do it again..

Archived