Increase in Price of Beer

tk22

Another reason after 15 cruises I may have to start looking elsewhere to spend my vacation dollars. I dont mind paying extra but please its getting out of hand and with all the cut backs. They may drive me away. :(

The problem is they are trying to keep cruising cheap(and they are) but the cost of everything keeps going up.I mean people were disgusted that they took away escargot because of a shortage and whine, but cruise for $50-$60 per person per day.Unless you really serarch its hard to find a nice hotel that cheap let alone all food and shows/entertainment included(although im not a fan of the shows)

Carnival is simply increasing revenue for the Triumph mishap on to their customers . Did you expect any different ?

You are kidding right? the prices went up before the Triumph. We sailed Carnival in 1988 7night inside and paid $1100 each for the week. Paid $449 each for the week on same itenerary earlier this year. How does that happen without raising prices somewh else?

Keith

Really stinks to hear they raised the beer prices. This will probably be our last cruise (for a while, anyway). We kind of saw the writing on the wall a few cruises ago - Carnival trying to keep the base price for cruises low but raising the price of everything else on board. Seems like once you start to add it all up other types of vacations start to make more sense and we're getting a little worn out on the Caribbean and swore we'd never go back to Mexico.

Fortunately for this trip I have half the drink coupons I purchased last year and my wife's tenacity paid off as she got us around $480 in on board credits through the Carnival Price Protection Guarantee program. As long as I can stay away from the craps table long enough we might just come off this cruise even... that's a big "if" though.. :D

Maybe I'm getting older and senile, but does anyone remember when domestics were like $2.50 or maybe even less? Ugh.

I pretty much pre-paid everything last time, bottle service and drink tickets for beer. It's just too expensive to go on a bender and not have a plan for it.

Archived