Increase in Price of Beer

tk22

Just called Bon Voyage Dept and there is a price increase of beer - Muchelob Ultra went from $23/four to $25/four. I ordered a case (limit per room) last cruise and saved some, as the 15% gratuity is not added if ordered through Bon Voyage. I asked if the beer on the ship had increased also and I was told they had not received notice of an increase on the ship. I guess I will check closer to my cruise in a couple if months and see if there has been an increase of beer prices in the ship. Holy cow $150 for a case if beer!!!!!!!

I was thinking of the Cheers program, but I am not paying for 2 people since my wife might be lucky to have 1 alcoholic drink per day.

I have no problem drinking up 15 per day myself, but I am only going on a 4-day cruise.

Late Afternoon Day 1 = The boat don't leave until 4:00pm (not enough time left in the day or that night)

Day 2 = Quick ride from Miami to Key West, then off the boat (not enough time to drink on the boat)

Day 3 = Day at sea (this is the only day the Cheers program would be worthwhile)

Day 4 = All day at Cozumel (were going to the beach .. not enough time to drink on the boat)

Night 4 = Back to Miami and arrive early at 8:00am and then drive back my car back home (can't drink on this day .. don't need a DUI on my way home)

So, I can't see how the short 4-day Miami - Key West - Cozumel cruise would be worth paying for the Cheers program.

$50 x 2 = $100 per day x 4 days total = $400 (no way since I'm the only one drinking, and I really have only 1 full day to get serious about drinking) :)

I guess beer has gone up in price, but I can still go to the grocery store here in Florida and buy an 18-pack of Heineken bottles for $17.75 + tax (basically a buck a bottle)

Bud of course is cheaper than that ... somewhere around $19 for a 24-can case.

Hey, it's vacation time, so whatever they charge is whatever I pay ... but Carnival selling a bottle of Bud for about $5.75 (before the 15% gratuities) is a little steep if you ask me.

oh well

Beer prices have gone thru the roof at the wholesale level We bought a keg of beer in December for $65.00 and now it is over $100.00! And that's on land......

How about wholesale level and duty free? Carnival is making a killing.

Bud and Bud light is actually $6.61 per bottle after they add the 15% gratuites.

Here are the beer prices after the gratuites are added:

The Folsters Lager (20oz can) is really the cheapest beer per oz. [if] you can gag that swill down!

Beer.jpg

Bud and Bud light is actually $6.61 per bottle after they add the 15% gratuites.

Here are the beer prices after the gratuites are added:

The Folsters Lager (20oz can) is really the cheapest beer per oz. [if] you can gag that swill down!

Beer.jpg

Yes as long as they don't raise it to the same price as bon voyage as the op posted.

I would be interested in purchasing the Cheers program if it weren't for the rule that everyone over 21 must purchase ):.

The fact that it includes sodas for my wife makes it worthwhile. She doesn't drink a whole lot of alcohol but can down some sodas. :D

Holy bottle of beers, Batman!! I don't know about everyone else but we are talking about Beer here. Again, BEER. NOt wine or champagene of hard liquor. To pay for one beer at a cost in upwards of $6.00 is not worth it to me. I get I'm on vacation and all that and I am most certainly a partaker in the consumption of adult libations, but not at that steep a price. While I may get suckered into buying a meesly 1 or 2 a day aboard the ship, we will def be drinking (more) in the ports where I can get beers like Red Stripe, Presidente, Caribe, Banks, Etc., for like 3 for $5.

Just me...

Happy sailing!

We're doing a 6 night cruise in April, and we're getting the Cheers Beverage Program for both me and me fiance (wife by the time we sail). I can definitely put more than a few down on vacation, so I'd rather pay the flat rate and not have to worry about how big the liquor bill will be. She's not a big drinker, but it includes all the soda and non alcoholic frozen cocktails you can drink, so I think we'll still save money in the long run. C'MON APRIL 7TH ON THE BREEEEEZE..!!

Thats crazy!!! Especially since you can buy a bottle of absolut for $11.25 from the gift shop (this was 2010 prices)

Beer drinkers move on to fun ship specials for the week

I wonder what the actual reason is for being so expensive

Archived