Cozumel Plaza

Rambler5678

About $5 for a cab as it is not far...Answer to other questions is yes.We prefer to get away from the dock area..I like beer as low as $1 as opposed to $3 or$4 near the dock. Also. we prefer to find a more authentic mexican place to eat.

How much is the cab fare to get from Punta Langosta pier to the downtown plaza? Are things cheaper there food/shopping than at the Punta Langosta mall?

We just pick a different one each time, usually a rather small one, mostly on the side streets. Sorry I don't remember any names.WE have never gotten any kind of sickness from eating in Cozumel either. Hope you have a good cruise.

Any recomendations on a good mex place for lunch?

How much is the cab fare to get from Punta Langosta pier to the downtown plaza? Are things cheaper there food/shopping than at the Punta Langosta mall?

Punta Langosta pier is pretty much downtown. Only a short walk to the plaza area.

From Puerta Maya or International piers it should be about $7 to downtown.

Lots of great places to eat - too many, in fact, to make a decision LOL

Ditto what BigRed said. We were there in Jan.'13 and had lunch at La Mission, which is about 5-6 blocks from Punta Lagosta pier. I LOVED the chicken mole'. I'm no expert on authenticity, but everything was great. Wife had avocado/shrimp salad. With chips, ceviche, guac, bread, 1 beer and 1 Margarita, bill was $25. Has a lovely decor with a lot of plants and ceiling fans. Even a decent mariachi band working for tips.

It is safe. The downtown area fronts the water, so you only have to walk north down the road into town. You will have the company of many other cruisers and tourists walking up and down the sidewalks. The main plaza area is pedestrian only, so you can walk there and go to any of the places around the plaza, or just look down the side streets as you are going by.

You will be asked by all the shop employees to come into their stores and look at their goods, but they are polite and you can say thank you, maybe later -which is what I tell them all the time.

Archived