questions re eos

moey142

Thinking about explorer of the seas in july 2014. never been on rci. I've read that eos is getting refurbished at the end of 2014. Some posters love it and others have said it needs updating (ie. rust stains in cabin, dirty carpets). My question is should we wait till after drydock since I'm pretty picky about that stuff, or is the ship still in good shape. We have done princess, disney and ncl. thanks for any input.

Just got back from a B2B on the EX - 16 days in an inside and a balcony cabin. Wish I could have stayed longer. I also sailed her last Feb and Sep so I have stayed in four cabins in the last year.

If you look hard enough you will see signs of wear and tear. The outside areas take a beating in the North Atlantic and that is where you might find some rust stains. On this last trip the crew was outside painting whenever the ship was docked. Inside the cabins are clean and well maintained, but not all cabins have flat screen TV's and some furniture and carpet shows signs of wear. The best upgrade to the cabins has been the new bedding. I was on the balcony on day while the room was being cleaned and I was amazed at how thorough the room attendant was in going over areas that were basically unused. The public areas are in excellent shape.

The strength of the EX is her fabulous crew. Service was cheerful and excellent. Our dining arrangements got messed up, but the issue was quickly resolved. Guest services addressed several other minor glitches.

I think you would have a wonderful time on the ship, but you need to focus on enjoying the overall experience that is offered instead of getting hung up on minor details.

Will you see outside rust? YES Will you find a corridor carpet stain from someone spilling a beverage? YES Are the carpets in general dirty? NO We have been on the Explorer twice and have not seen any of this inside our cabin.

RCCL constantly paints their ships. I can't remember a port day, and some sea days, where someone in a blue suit was not painting something.

In 9 days I don't remember seeing a dirty carpet, your mileage may vary.

Is the Explorer frayed around the edges, a little. It's my humble opinion, it's no different than some resorts we have been to that are of similar age.

Archived