Cabin Advice 6636 or 9172

Haven't stayed in either, but looks like 6636 is on the hump. That means a significantly bigger balcony. It is right above the Promenade deck, but on the hump it shouldn't have any bars or noisy areas below. Only negative is the possibility of looking at lifeboats which are on deck 5, but I think being on the hump will avoid most of that. I, personally, prefer higher decks with cabins above and below, but can't beat a hump balcony. If not for the hump, I'd head for deck 9. But that's personal preference.

Thanks papaflamingo. We were leaning towards 6636 only because of the balcony. Usually we prefer a higher deck too. However, DH just said maybe we could stay on for the next cruise too and 6636 is not avaiable for the next one but 9170 is.

Would love to hear from some one who stayed in 9172, 9170, 9166 or 9162.

DM stayed in 6236 (port side vs. starboard) and it's a very good location, although 6636 would be better as that side usually faces the port while docked, so much more activity to see, especially if you love to watch the "runners".

One thing that these cabins are lacking is automatic door openers and these doors are very heavy. If you need an HC cabin because you're in a wheelchair, using a scooter, or have any strength issues at all, you'll need someone with you at all times to get in or out of your stateroom. DM had a scooter and had plenty of room in 6236 for turning it around and transferring to and from her walker while in the room.

Any feedback for cabins 9170 or 9172? I like the balcony on 6636, however it's not available or the second week. DH says if he has to pack & move it would be easier to move next door instead of moving from deck 6 to deck 9. Before I gave in I'd like to hear from some one about 9170 or 9172.

Anyone?

Archived