TV program on cruise ship dry docking

Golfgrl1911

Has anyone else been watching the TLC channels program on the renovations and dry docking of RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas? I am hooked! It is very interesting and really gives you a bird eye view of all that went into renovating this 16 year old ship. They literally ripped it apart and are showing it being put back together. New episodes air on Sunday evenings but recaps of the first 2 episodes aired last evening and I'm guessing (hoping) will be shown again during the week. Check it out! Nancy:)

I have also been watching the program. Did you notice how small those new twenty-four inside cabins are? I also found it very interesting how they added the balconies to the suites. The Sovereign of the Seas is now sixteen years old and seems to be doing the 3-night Bahamas cruise. Not for me, but the program is most interesting and it gives us an idea just what it takes putting a ship on the waters. Happy Sailings..Leslie Swiger:)

I have seen the first two hours of the program and was wondering when they were going to show the rest of it. Now I know. Thanks. I definitely do not want to miss the remaining episode(s) as I found the program to be extremely interesting.

Does anyone know how many episodes there will be?

I found out that I DO have the Learning Channel! (TLC - Duh!!!)

Yes, it is absolutely fascinating watching them rip everything out of the ship - cant wait to see how they finish up!

Kinda gives you an idea of all the hard work involved w/ HAL's SOE...

Did you see that chain-gang moving all those mattresses???

Does anyone know if the additions to the Spa and Club HAL are prefab-ed and craned aboard like the roof-addition to the Windjammer Cafe aboard Sovereign?

Has anyone else been watching the TLC channels program on the renovations and dry docking of RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas? I am hooked! It is very interesting and really gives you a bird eye view of all that went into renovating this 16 year old ship. They literally ripped it apart and are showing it being put back together. New episodes air on Sunday evenings but recaps of the first 2 episodes aired last evening and I'm guessing (hoping) will be shown again during the week. Check it out! Nancy:)

I saw one of the episodes last Sunday night, but will have to wait until this Sunday night/Monday morning to see the next two. I don't have cable at home and the only time it's on after midnight (when I am at work) is on Sunday night. I think it airs on Tuesday and Wednesday nights too ... one of those days after midnight ... but those are my days off. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

The very first cruise Ryansmemom and I took was on the Soverign. We then sailed on her two more times. She holds a special place in my heart- and I say this as a HAL fan. After the series is over I plan to pull out my CD of photos we took on our SOS cruises and see how they compare to the new version.

I'm having a great time watching this series. It seems just a short time ago that we were on RCI's Sun Viking and the Sovereign was brand new. She passed us in the Caribbean and since no one had seen her before, including the crew, there was a rush of people out on the promenade deck to see this giant new cruise ship. We were so impressed that as soon as we returned home we booked our next cruise on her.

I was fascinated at how they actually drained the water from the docking area and the ship was completely out of water! Then when the captain was walking UNDER the ship I held my breath!:eek: He has complete faith in his ship as I don't think I'd feel that comfortable walking under 73 tons held up by concrete!!

We finally watched the first 2 episodes last night sindce DH had taped them. We have only been on Monatch of the Seas but she looked to be a lot like her. I am not really thrilled the way they filmed this documentary. I feel they move to fast in what they are trying to show you and do too much repeating of what they have already showed:confused:

The best part of all was seeing the COMMERCIALS for Carnival at almost every commercial time :D Good to see my stock investment hard at work.:D

My first cruise was also aboard the Sovereign. Left me with good memories. :) I turned it on 15 minutes into the show on Sunday and DH did not want to change the channel. Found it fascinating. We have been keeping track of the rebroadcasting of previous episodes on their web site.

Prior to our cruise last week, we had been commenting about how there isn't much on Travel Channel about cruise ships. Has anyone seen anything there???

It seems to me this would have been a great program for the Travel Channel to air.....I found it completely by accident about 30 minutes into the first episode and was hooked as well! The only cruiseship programs I see on the Travel Channel are repeat episodes that I've seen over & over.....i.e. RCCL to Alaska, Disney cruise, etc.

Message to Travel Channel......Let's get some updated cruiseline programs going on!!:)

What's up with the Travel Channel anyway?? I just checked the local TV listings and they are offering a steady fare of Poker Tournaments...call me crazy but what do poker and travel have in common?? :confused: Nancy

Archived