Question about the Summit

Canusa02

What are some of the highlights (and 'secret' places) about the Celebrity Summit.

Thanks in advance for all helpful responses.

The thalasotherapy pool area. It has a giant whirlpool with these roller bars you can lay on over water jets, and there are pipes in the corners that drop water from about 6 feet that are just glorious to sit under when your back and shoulders are sore. The age for the pool is 16, and they do a relatively decent job of enforcing it. They have nice teak loungers that are really comfortable, and the food in that area is healthier than most of what the ship has.

It's open for lunch on the day you board, and so you can start your week on a healthy note. They also have healthier breakfast offerings.

I just like the ship overall. It's tastefully decorated, and the quality of service is quite good. My only complaint was the lack of people walking around serving drink. On the other hand, the last two cruises I took (Carnival and Norwegian) had the exact opposite problem, where the roaming servers were like locusts. I suppose too few is better than too many.

We're booked on it again this fall.

For some unknown reason certain areas of the ship, especially some of the bars don't open until at least 5pm so the areas where the bars exist have no one in them until opening. We especially liked the martini bar in the afternoon as it was quiet and hidden from passersby. If the bar staff showed up early then would make us some martini's to enjoy before they opened.

The best place of all was our balcony.

We spent time each morning and afternoon in or around Cafe al Bacio...yummy coffee and little goodies, a lovely staff, often music in the foyer somewhere. A nice, relaxing place to unwind and people watch and meet nice people. Not hidden, not a secret but a very nice treat...and one that was necessary in the mornings to get me going!

Summit was our first M class ship and we really enjoyed the size...very easy to move around...though we loved the S class we were on, too.

Archived