Explorer of the Seas, weather to expect and shows for 9nt Nov 23, 2013

LauriPedal

I went on EOS for the first time on 10/14/12 to Bermuda and had a wonderful time. Looking to book again, this time for Thanksgiving week (11/23/13 departure) to celebrate my 50th birthday.

My concerns are mostly about days at sea cruising to/from the Caribbean, what are the seas like? Is it really rough waters? Too cold to go in pools end of Nov.?

Also, Seeing that we just did the 7nt in Oct 2012, will the shows in Nov 2013 still be the same? How often do the headliners change? What do they offer for the additional 2 nights?

I know many people on here have cruised multiple times on EOS and would love some feedback.

Thanks!

I went on EOS for the first time on 10/14/12 to Bermuda and had a wonderful time. Looking to book again, this time for Thanksgiving week (11/23/13 departure) to celebrate my 50th birthday.

My concerns are mostly about days at sea cruising to/from the Caribbean, what are the seas like? Is it really rough waters? Too cold to go in pools end of Nov.?

Also, Seeing that we just did the 7nt in Oct 2012, will the shows in Nov 2013 still be the same? How often do the headliners change? What do they offer for the additional 2 nights?

I know many people on here have cruised multiple times on EOS and would love some feedback.

Thanks!

Hard to predict the seas. Sailed once in January and we had smooth sailing out and only 1 rough day back and that was the rockiest of all my sailings on Explorer but the rough seas were overnight and the seas were smooth again by noon. As far as shows, the production shows and ice shows will be the same but the headliners might change. The extra 2 nights might be add'l production shows or one production and one headliner.

We cruise from Baltimore. We have found that we often have rough weather near the NC coast on the way down or the way back.

We have stopped cruising in Dec and January for that reason. I am sure many will tell you it is smoth. We have had that, too. But, often there are nor'easters.

Thanks!

Im booked on EOS for Thanksgiving and have been wondering about the weather and seas as well. Hoping that we wont have to hide inside the first and last sea days. Hope you booked!

We went on the last two Thanksgiving cruises. 2011 was great. Smooth seas and great weather the entire trip. 2012 was a little rainy on the islands, a couple rough days at sea, but still all in all a great time. The North Atlantic is unpredictable and can be rough any moment, any time of the year. We love cruising around that time.

Archived