Passports

Get it now. Because they are requiring more people to get one for travel the process will start to back up. Also, you never know when they will raise the price again.

As of last week, mine took 29 days, my wife got hers like 35 days later, the longer you wait the longer it will take. Per Tef, he stated that 3 months ago it only took 10 days. There is a mad rush to get these.

I appplied for a passport "amendment" to update it to my married name. Even though I am not even renewing it's taking a really long time. As of today, it's 43 days and still no word.

Don't wait, apply now.

Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!!! :D

ArizonaCruiser85374, Say Hello to my Inlaws Mr/Mrs Doll, they moved to Surprise about 1 year ago, We love visiting there!!! That IHOP serves the most food ever LOL.

Take care.

ArizonaCruiser85374, Say Hello to my Inlaws Mr/Mrs Doll, they moved to Surprise about 1 year ago, We love visiting there!!! That IHOP serves the most food ever LOL.

Take care.

I'll be sure to say hello :D

I don't know where your inlaws live, we are in AZ. Traditions, if you know where that is. We haven't been to the IHOP yet, it sure looks busy all the time!!! :eek:

When was the last time you were here? About 8 new restaurants opening just west of the IHOP....we call it restaurant row!!! ;)

December 31, 2005 – Passport or other accepted document required for all travel (air/sea) to or from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Central and South America.

What is considered other accepted document? Is a birth certificate still enough? If it is why is there a mad rush to get passports?

you can call and find out the status. 43 days for an update is a long time.

1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778 )

Called and after waiting almost 25 minutes on hold, a very polite and efficient clerk told me it was in the mail. Hopefully to be delivered in a few more days. But as an FYI, the are now quoting 6-8 weeks for normal processing.

Apply early.

December 31, 2005 – Passport or other accepted document required for all travel (air/sea) to or from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Central and South America.

What is considered other accepted document? Is a birth certificate still enough? If it is why is there a mad rush to get passports?

Its a passport or military id. Get yourself a passport...

Its a passport or military id. Get yourself a passport...

Thanks we will. Just talked to my travel agent and she said that is still a proposed thing and it is not final, however she is sure they will finalize it. It also states on the passport website that it is still just a proposal. We are not taking any chances and will be getting ours this summer.

Hi there...applied May 11, received June 2...about 22 days!! I didn't expect it that quick..We have 29 people going on Brilliance on March 17th 2006 and I am suggesting that they apply soon. It will get to be a longer wait as the Dec. 31st gets here and the necessity to have them increases. Better safe than sorry!

Now know we need a passport to bermuda for next summer. Does any1 know how long it takes to get one? Dont know when to start worrying about it. Thanks

Apply now! It seems to be taking much longer now than it did when the news first came out. If you have more than one person in the family who needs a passport, apply for them one at a time so as to spread out the cost if necessary.

How does the amendment work? Is there a form that you send in? do you send a marriage license? I will need to do this next year. We just got our passports this year but will be married next year and need to change the name on it. Do you need another picture etc? just not sure how this works. Thanks for any information.

Archived