Wicked for Quantum of the Seas???

That would actually be amazing! I've been wanting to see Wicked for a while now, but haven't wanted to pay full price. I'm usually able to get discounted tickets for the shows I've seen, but not so for Wicked thus far. I would be extremely happy to see it on Quantam!

Trust me...you'll pay full price to see it on Quantum. There will be no discount tickets (fares) on Quantum. It would be cheaper to pay full price to see it in NY , although not as fun! LOL

Not sure why nobody brings it up, with the DreaWorks tie in, but it seems as if Srek the Musical would be pretty obvious.

Not that it's the best choice, but with the current business, the most obvious.

I actually raised that in a different thread. The only thing is that this Musical actually had a very large elaborate set, unlike the simple sets for Hairspray and Chicago. That could make this difficult to stage on a ship.

I actually raised that in a different thread. The only thing is that this Musical actually had a very large elaborate set, unlike the simple sets for Hairspray and Chicago. That could make this difficult to stage on a ship.

It would be edited down to fit the show slots on a ship anyway... I'm sure someone creative would be able to come up with a mixture of background that would work.

Just thought I'd throw that one in...

Not a chance RCCL will position a new ship in the NY/NJ area, they would not be able to command premium prices for the sailings. Also, no need to have a ship with a flowrider in NY/NJ when you would not be able to use thsoe features for much of the cruise during most of the year. The Explorer is a perfect fit for NY/NJ.

Your spot on with your analysis. View the trailer below. This is RCCL (EXOS) competition in the NYC area starting in May 2014.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=fZ9EPjBmPjc&feature=relmfu

Wow! That ship looks amazing. I've never had any desire to cruise on another cruise line, but this ship might make me change my mind. Especially being so close to home.

Wow! That ship looks amazing. I've never had any desire to cruise on another cruise line, but this ship might make me change my mind. Especially being so close to home.

We're going to sail the QOS probably in April or August 2015 out of Bayonne. We also have

The Breakaway booked for the Summer of 2015.

Not a chance RCCL will position a new ship in the NY/NJ area, they would not be able to command premium prices for the sailings. Also, no need to have a ship with a flowrider in NY/NJ when you would not be able to use thsoe features for much of the cruise during most of the year. The Explorer is a perfect fit for NY/NJ.

I think you should do some research on this subject before posting ?????

While I too would love to see Wicked on the Quantum, and would book the ship for that reason if none other, I highly doubt it would happen.

Why? Because it is still one of the hottest tickets in New York and the West End, the two US national tours are playing to sold out houses and discount tickets are virtually unheard of. That makes the potential licensing fees astronomical! Plus the show is not yet available for licensed professional or amateur groups (unlike Hairspray, Saturday Night Fever and Chicago which are). RCI will not pay those kinds of fees for a show that's included in the cruise fare, and I certainly don't want to start seeing fee based entertainment options!

That said RCI is almost destined to have some sort of big-named Broadway show on board, as competition to the NCL Breakaway. I could see them doing a production of Cabaret, How to Succeed in Business, Grease, etc. Come to think of it, They might just be able to snag a marquee show like The Phantom of the Opera, Jersey Boys or Mamma Mia, though the cost to do so would likely still be VERY high!

I think Kristin Chenowith being named as godmother is a clear indication that the ship will have links to the NYC area and Broadway more than an indication of a specific show.

As Popular as Wicked is, it will dim more by the time this Ship is out in Late 2014, not out of question to have Wicked as the Show

We're going to sail the QOS probably in April or August 2015 out of Bayonne. We also have

The Breakaway booked for the Summer of 2015.

We are also hoping to book Quantum in 2015 from Bayonne.

Wicked has been over 10 years sold out on Broadway, it continues to sell out and seats are very high! Once in a while when I'm in the City I'll look at the TKTS booth and see if they are discounted - NEVER.

Maybe play up to the New York medley and have 3 productions on the ship to tie in with it being in the New York area - Wicked, Shrek and Jersey Boys. :p

Yet he/she says it with such conviction that you almost believe them...lol Alot of the evidence points to Cape Liberty. dz9yvr what evidence do you have to the contrary ? As for premium pricing why not see what NCL is getting for The Breakaway?

While I too would love to see Wicked on the Quantum, and would book the ship for that reason if none other, I highly doubt it would happen.

Why? Because it is still one of the hottest tickets in New York and the West End, the two US national tours are playing to sold out houses and discount tickets are virtually unheard of. That makes the potential licensing fees astronomical! Plus the show is not yet available for licensed professional or amateur groups (unlike Hairspray, Saturday Night Fever and Chicago which are). RCI will not pay those kinds of fees for a show that's included in the cruise fare, and I certainly don't want to start seeing fee based entertainment options!

That said RCI is almost destined to have some sort of big-named Broadway show on board, as competition to the NCL Breakaway. I could see them doing a production of Cabaret, How to Succeed in Business, Grease, etc. Come to think of it, They might just be able to snag a marquee show like The Phantom of the Opera, Jersey Boys or Mamma Mia, though the cost to do so would likely still be VERY high!

I think Kristin Chenowith being named as godmother is a clear indication that the ship will have links to the NYC area and Broadway more than an indication of a specific show.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your statements, both Jersey Boys and Mamma Mia are both still on Boardway. And Chicago The Musical just wrapped a US Tour, so I don't think that Wicked is completely out of the question. Probably the show with the most cost involved would be Phantom, but that is not to say Royal couldn't pull it off. They do have some of the largest most expensive cruise ships in the world.

I also agree that Shrek The Musical will probably debut on one of the new Quantum Class ships.

No additional research required. Sorry to break the news to you, but NY/NJ is not the center of the universe. There's no interest in Flowriding out of NY/NJ from October through April and September and May are marginal. Enjoy the Explorer.

No additional research required. Sorry to break the news to you, but NY/NJ is not the center of the universe. There's no interest in Flowriding out of NY/NJ from October through April and September and May are marginal. Enjoy the Explorer.

Hope those words taste well as you will tasting them again. Quantum is going to NJ. Mark my words and the news is coming soon. ;)

Not a chance RCCL will position a new ship in the NY/NJ area, they would not be able to command premium prices for the sailings. Also, no need to have a ship with a flowrider in NY/NJ when you would not be able to use those features for much of the cruise during most of the year. The Explorer is a perfect fit for NY/NJ.

It's possible. As pointed out the NYC area will have some larger tonnage sailing year round. Carnival brought the Splendor over which is larger than their previous ship homeported from NYC. Also, NCL's Breakaway will be the largest to sail from the NYC area year round. She will also feature an outdoor promenade that has public facilities that open up onto it (called the Waterfront) in addition she has many slides as well. Usually when you cruise from the NYC area in January the first day and last day at sea is the coldest. Once you pass the South Carolina mark you can break out the warmer clothes. It is feasible that a cruise ship with an emphasis on outdoor recreation can hold its own in the NY market.

Also from a business standpoint companies generally want a competitive advantage over one another. Given the NYC market is changing this year with larger more updated tonnage I have a good feeling that RCI will want to keep up with their competition = strategy. Also Explorer has been here for a bit of time and I am sure RCI is looking to "spruce things up". NYC is a big market, a lot of people live in the area and it also attracts a large drive-in market. The NYC metropolitan area has about 20 million people living in it (this includes NYC and its suburbs in NY, NJ, CT). I live in the area and cruising from a homeport has grown on people and they like the convenience. That is a good pool of people to market to let alone the drive-ins from nearby cities like Philly, Boston, D.C., Baltimore.

I have a good feeling one of these new ships is coming to the NYC area. But you never know we could all be wrong and she heads down to Florida! We have to wait and see!

Just remember your words. I will be bringing this thread back to your attention. Sometimes it's not fun to eat your own words. You can let us all know how it tastes.

I do really hope QOS does come to Cape Liberty but I'll admit I don't know for sure. At this time none of us do. However I do truly hope that all the naysayers, who are so sure they know best, do have to eat their words when all is said and done. I'll be looking for your post and LMAO!

I do really hope QOS does come to Cape Liberty but I'll admit I don't know for sure. At this time none of us do. However I do truly hope that all the naysayers, who are so sure they know best, do have to eat their words when all is said and done. I'll be looking for your post and LMAO!

I'm sure the RCCL deployment team wouldn't be to happy about this ???

Quantum of the Seas will sail out of Bayonne, New Jersey in the Summer of 2015 and offer 5-night Bermuda cruises on May 2,16,30; June 13,27; July 11, 25; August 8, 22, 2015. Quantum will also offer 9-night Bermuda and Caribbean itineraries on May 7, 21; June 4, 18; July 2, 16, 30; August 13, 27; 2015.

Refer to the EXOS Summer 2013 & 2014 Bermuda/Caribbean Schedule Itin.

I'm sure the RCCL deployment team wouldn't be to happy about this ???

Quantum of the Seas will sail out of Bayonne, New Jersey in the Summer of 2015 and offer 5-night Bermuda cruises on May 2,16,30; June 13,27; July 11, 25; August 8, 22, 2015. Quantum will also offer 9-night Bermuda and Caribbean itineraries on May 7, 21; June 4, 18; July 2, 16, 30; August 13, 27; 2015.

Refer to the EXOS Summer 2013 & 2014 Bermuda/Caribbean Schedule Itin.

While this is wonderful news, where will it be right after it arrives in the states in fall 2014?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Also from a business standpoint companies generally want a competitive advantage over one another. Given the NYC market is changing this year with larger more updated tonnage I have a good feeling that RCI will want to keep up with their competition = strategy. Also Explorer has been here for a bit of time and I am sure RCI is looking to "spruce things up". NYC is a big market, a lot of people live in the area and it also attracts a large drive-in market. The NYC metropolitan area has about 20 million people living in it (this includes NYC and its suburbs in NY, NJ, CT). I live in the area and cruising from a homeport has grown on people and they like the convenience. That is a good pool of people to market to let alone the drive-ins from nearby cities like Philly, Boston, D.C., Baltimore.

I agree, although we haven't cruised much, we have come to realize that there is alot more added expense cruising from Florida. With NY/NJ ports we are only an hour away from the ports. No more will we be purchasing additional airfare, pre-cruise hotels and expenses - would rather put that money towards a cruise closer to home.

Archived