Wicked for Quantum of the Seas???

Putting my detective skills to work here but I thinking one of the next announcements will be that RCCL will be having WICKED as the next musical and it will debut on Quantum.

Kristen(godmother) was one of the main characters when this musical came out and it I think it would be a good fit on a cruise ship.

It just seems to me that most of the godmothers have some sort of tie in with the ship. The one that strikes me was Katrina Witt and Voyager. Voyager was the first Ice skating rink at sea.

Putting my detective skills to work here but I thinking one of the next announcements will be that RCCL will be having WICKED as the next musical and it will debut on Quantum.

Kristen(godmother) was one of the main characters when this musical came out and it I think it would be a good fit on a cruise ship.

It just seems to me that most of the godmothers have some sort of tie in with the ship. The one that strikes me was Katrina Witt and Voyager. Voyager was the first Ice skating rink at sea.

That would be awesome. Can your detective skills tell me if Quantum will definately be homeported in NJ?

Your thinking is the same as mine. We can only hope this is true, as Kristen will be an awesome Godmother and a stage production of Wicked would make a perfect match. The ship will certainly be "Popular" and even more "Green" than any other ship in the fleet!

Your thinking is the same as mine. We can only hope this is true, as Kristen will be an awesome Godmother and a stage production of Wicked would make a perfect match. The ship will certainly be "Popular" and even more "Green" than any other ship in the fleet!

Agree, Agree, and Agree!

That was my thinking as well. Hope we are all right. This is one of only a few shows I have paid full price for on Broadway and it was well worth it.

She won her Tony for You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, but I dont see that being the show

That would actually be amazing! I've been wanting to see Wicked for a while now, but haven't wanted to pay full price. I'm usually able to get discounted tickets for the shows I've seen, but not so for Wicked thus far. I would be extremely happy to see it on Quantam!

While I too would love to see Wicked on the Quantum, and would book the ship for that reason if none other, I highly doubt it would happen.

Why? Because it is still one of the hottest tickets in New York and the West End, the two US national tours are playing to sold out houses and discount tickets are virtually unheard of. That makes the potential licensing fees astronomical! Plus the show is not yet available for licensed professional or amateur groups (unlike Hairspray, Saturday Night Fever and Chicago which are). RCI will not pay those kinds of fees for a show that's included in the cruise fare, and I certainly don't want to start seeing fee based entertainment options!

That said RCI is almost destined to have some sort of big-named Broadway show on board, as competition to the NCL Breakaway. I could see them doing a production of Cabaret, How to Succeed in Business, Grease, etc. Come to think of it, They might just be able to snag a marquee show like The Phantom of the Opera, Jersey Boys or Mamma Mia, though the cost to do so would likely still be VERY high!

I think Kristin Chenowith being named as godmother is a clear indication that the ship will have links to the NYC area and Broadway more than an indication of a specific show.

Love Wicked, love Kristen ( she's cute as a button!) Quantum isn't even on my radar, but I love the idea of bringing broadway style shows to the seas, the entertainment on the newer ships is far and away better than the older production shows; honestly, I booked Allure because it was cheaper than taking the family to NYC for just one show for DDs graduation celebration! The whole family will get to see at least 6 unique shows, dine every meal and be transported to beautiful islands for about 4 times what I would have paid to see the "Grinch" right here in Boston! No lie! ;)

Bring it on...Wicked, or any broadway style show works for me!

While I too would love to see Wicked on the Quantum, and would book the ship for that reason if none other, I highly doubt it would happen.

Why? Because it is still one of the hottest tickets in New York and the West End, the two US national tours are playing to sold out houses and discount tickets are virtually unheard of. That makes the potential licensing fees astronomical! Plus the show is not yet available for licensed professional or amateur groups (unlike Hairspray, Saturday Night Fever and Chicago which are). RCI will not pay those kinds of fees for a show that's included in the cruise fare, and I certainly don't want to start seeing fee based entertainment options!

That said RCI is almost destined to have some sort of big-named Broadway show on board, as competition to the NCL Breakaway. I could see them doing a production of Cabaret, How to Succeed in Business, Grease, etc. Come to think of it, They might just be able to snag a marquee show like The Phantom of the Opera, Jersey Boys or Mamma Mia, though the cost to do so would likely still be VERY high!

I think Kristin Chenowith being named as godmother is a clear indication that the ship will have links to the NYC area and Broadway more than an indication of a specific show.

Your spot on with your analysis. View the trailer below. This is RCCL (EXOS) competition in the NYC area starting in May 2014.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=fZ9EPjBmPjc&feature=relmfu

ThGt would be awesome. Wicked is my Wife and my favorite Broadway show! We can only hope that The Emerald City is coming to the Quantum:D

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this as well! One "short cruise" on the emerald Quantum!

• 3 weeks later...
Putting my detective skills to work here but I thinking one of the next announcements will be that RCCL will be having WICKED as the next musical and it will debut on Quantum..

That's an interesting idea!

I'm still dieing ti know what the ship will look like and what will be on the inside, let alone the shows.

This is the nearest we have at present:

http://youtu.be/4hfhGpScYAo

I agree, although I would love to see a Wicked! broadway show on board!

Here's to a Broadway theme and homeporting in Bayonne! Yeah!!

I agree, although I would love to see a Wicked! broadway show on board!

Here's to a Broadway theme and homeporting in Bayonne! Yeah!!

seems like "Jersey Boys" might be a better tie-in to a Bayonne berthing.:D

Archived