Muster drill

keith75

This will be my first cruise, but why would you skip the drill? Headache or not, handicapped or not, don't you still need to know what to do in case of an emergency? People get me, never wanna follow the rules, and first to blame someone else!

Are you referring to me? I play by the rules, we went.

As I said above, the way muster is currently done is useless. Plus, if a ship employee thought my wife's condition was due to a contagious illness, they may have (?) been able to put us off. They certainly could have quarantined her. What makes you think that just considering skipping muster is not following the rules?

Really disappointing that the Concordia disaster has not resulted in better crew training or supervision.

Based on my experience, the only crew that can quarantine you is the medical staff, and I cannot believe they would mistake a migraine for anything contagious.

As I said, this kind of poor management should be monitored on these boards and used as the basis of economic force on the companies.

Really disappointing that the Concordia disaster has not resulted in better crew training or supervision.

Based on my experience, the only crew that can quarantine you is the medical staff, and I cannot believe they would mistake a migraine for anything contagious.

As I said, this kind of poor management should be monitored on these boards and used as the basis of economic force on the companies.

You're lucky you've never had a migrane. Symptoms include headache, nausea, a low grade fever. Just like bugs.

So did anyone notice this? Ships place a wrist band on kids, with their muster info on it. This I believe is for everyone age 12 and under. Now on your next cruise, take notice of how many kids after the first day do not have this important info on them? Seriously, take notice.....than think about this thread and understand that so many will never take this seriously until it is too late.

I thought those were pool bands or something.

There's a video on YouTube where some guy was videotaping on the same ship I think. During the video he says he probably shouldn't have skipped the

muster drill.

That is how I remember the cruise. Thousands of drunken spring breakers along with a fire! The really scary part was that the in-room movie just hours before the fire was "Hostage" where the bad guys died in a house fire. The "*******" movie came to mind also. I detailed my thoughts to the British agency that investigated the fire.

I thought that the muster drill on the Splendor was a tacky cattle herd.

I wouldn't skip it for fear of getting called out, but it was horrible and squishy and gross to be so crowded in with the crowds. I have been on other cruises with different lines that were much more civilized and comfortable. IMO

On the Imagination last June we stood in the sun on the Lido for just about an hour. Then you coudn't hear anything because people were busy flapping their gums. Total waste. Necesary I am sure but it was pretty sloppy and ultimately useless.

Thankfully the cruise was mostly great after that. Nice ship.

• 2 weeks later...
On the Imagination last June we stood in the sun on the Lido for just about an hour. Then you coudn't hear anything because people were busy flapping their gums. Total waste. Necesary I am sure but it was pretty sloppy and ultimately useless.

Thankfully the cruise was mostly great after that. Nice ship.

That's the way I remember them too.

Archived