Call from MSC- hoping for upgrade fairy....

monicajay

I received a call from MSC today. We are departing this Saturday, March 2nd, on the MSC Poesia. David left a message on my answering machine and I was hoping for an offer from the upgrade fairy. Maybe a deluxe cabin or an aft??? But alas, not to be, they offered to give us a large OBC if we would be willing to change dates. It must be that the block of group space (Holistic Holiday at Sea) is looking for extra cabins or maybe they are just overbooked. We are not part of the group.

Unfortunately, because I'm a teacher and it is our school break I was unable to accept the offer. If I was retired I would have jumped on it though.

I've been bumped many times by airlines but this was my first 'offer' from a cruise line.

Wish you luck next time!

If you can find cheap airfare, may be should try Mediterranean. It's low season, and I even have a friend who booked three insides, and all three were upgraded to Category 8/9 balconies!

Maybe because it's the winter/early spring is still too cold.

I received a call from MSC today. We are departing this Saturday, March 2nd, on the MSC Poesia. David left a message on my answering machine and I was hoping for an offer from the upgrade fairy. Maybe a deluxe cabin or an aft??? But alas, not to be, they offered to give us a large OBC if we would be willing to change dates. It must be that the block of group space (Holistic Holiday at Sea) is looking for extra cabins or maybe they are just overbooked. We are not part of the group.

Unfortunately, because I'm a teacher and it is our school break I was unable to accept the offer. If I was retired I would have jumped on it though.

I've been bumped many times by airlines but this was my first 'offer' from a cruise line.

Just out of interest, how much is "large OBC"

Enjoy your cruise on the beautiful Poesia.

I made him repeat it twice. 50% of the base price (before all taxes) of what we paid and we just had to change dates.

Because there was no way to move forward with this, I didn't ask anything more.

Teaching 12 and 13 year old's and really need my week at sea!!!

Hi monicajay,

They must really be desperate to find some cabins. We got the same call from MSC and so did other members of our group... Same offer but as for you, we have to go with the school break, so no can do other dates. Let's hope for no snow storm this weekend!!!

Archived