ANOTHER early saver question, with a twist.

dustyblue424

We were originally booked on the Triumph for March 25. Long story short, we re-booked for May 25,EARLY SAVER, and used the 25% discount. Now, heres the twist. With this past guest save big sale, the ORIGINAL price has been reduced, which would qualify us for the OBC, BUT will Carnival match us the original booking price, less the 25%, or do we have to wait until the price goes past the 25% price? Does that make sense? (I am confusing myself) I submitted the ES claim form, but am just curious if anyone else has had this situation, and any luck, or info?:confused:

This is actually a good question that I don't know the answer to. I was originally going to say that you would have to price match to your 25% off rate......but upon further thought it seems that it would only be fair for you to match to the "published" rate BEFORE the 25% discount is applied. Because the 25% off is yours regardless of what the current published rate is.

I would probably submit the form price matching to the published rate.

I am also in the same situation. I rebooked for May 20. Did you ever hear back about the price adjustment before the discount. I also sent in form but have not heard anything. Just wondering. Mine is almost $100 cheaper now than when I rebooked.

We were originally booked on the Triumph for March 25. Long story short, we re-booked for May 25,EARLY SAVER, and used the 25% discount. Now, heres the twist. With this past guest save big sale, the ORIGINAL price has been reduced, which would qualify us for the OBC, BUT will Carnival match us the original booking price, less the 25%, or do we have to wait until the price goes past the 25% price? Does that make sense? (I am confusing myself) I submitted the ES claim form, but am just curious if anyone else has had this situation, and any luck, or info?:confused:

Has this been resolved yet? Just curious, but it would be nice to know for future reference.

I booked a cruise on the dream and ending getting a 15% discount on my next cruise due to a problem. ( carnival is very fair). Any way the next cruise I booked early saver and when I applied for price drops they gave me the drop off the price booked at. Not the extra 15% off. The 15% came off the top when I booked but my price drops qualified at the rate I booked at.

Hope that makes sense. Hard to explain. :o

I too was booked on the Triumph and booked early saver with a 15% discount on an Alaska cruise. I specifically asked at the time if the rate came down would I get the lower price and was told yes, that the 15% discount was like making a payment on your cruise price. When I received the cabin confirmation, the 15% price was listed as the cruise price which wasn't what I was told. Well, the price went down, I filed the early saver form and just received a denial due to the fact the price I paid was less than the sale price. I emailed back pleading my case. Will let you know what happens.:(

I too was booked on the Triumph and booked early saver with a 15% discount on an Alaska cruise. I specifically asked at the time if the rate came down would I get the lower price and was told yes, that the 15% discount was like making a payment on your cruise price. When I received the cabin confirmation, the 15% price was listed as the cruise price which wasn't what I was told. Well, the price went down, I filed the early saver form and just received a denial due to the fact the price I paid was less than the sale price. I emailed back pleading my case. Will let you know what happens.:(

Just wondering if you ever heard back about your price adjustment? I have sent in a few this week and never heard anything back just the auto response saying will get back to you in 7-10 days.

I haven't heard a thing. In the meanwhile our cruise price went down twice and I filed two more early saver forms. This time I indicated in the notes section we had a cancelled Triumph cruise and took advantage of the discount. May end up having to call. The bummer is SIL who did not have a discount will have onboard credit and we won't...:(

When I used a 20% off for a hurricane with an Early Saver rate the 20% came off the rate every time. So if the cruise fare was $500 with the 20% would be $400 but I would look for rates that were lower than the $500~and so on~ Just remember what the cruise fare is every time as it will reflect the discount in your paperwork!!

It helps to have a really good PVP in these situations. I would call my PVP and let her know about a price drop and she would handle it for me and I always got the lower rate then the 20% off of the new lower rate.

Okay, here's what happened when I called Carnival about the Early Saver Past Guest price drops. After explaining I was on a cancelled Triumph cruise I was told to file an early saver form and indicate it was "Early Saver Triumph Rebook" which prices are not on their website, guess you have to call for the price drop. After putting me on hold a couple of times, customer service just went ahead and credited my account. My 7A balcony dropped $88.00! She said if there are any more price drops they have to be lower than the one I just received before I can file another early saver form:).

I had sent in 2 different price adjustment forms and had never heard anything back. Finally sent question to Guest Solutions asking why I wasn't getting price adjustments (before discount) if I was still earlysaver. Took 3 days but they finally wrote back and gave me the $97.50 obc!

Thanks,Gold Mine Gal! I almost gave up but your getting the obc made me want to keep trying!

I still havent heard back about my ES rates . No approval, but no denial. Guess I will be making a call soon, since we are talking about over $100. We did get our refund back, on one of our original bookings on the Triumph. We are still owed $500 on our second booking. Guess I need to make a call about that, too. Even tho I love my PVP, I think I will need to talk to a supervisor.

I had sent in 2 different price adjustment forms and had never heard anything back. Finally sent question to Guest Solutions asking why I wasn't getting price adjustments (before discount) if I was still earlysaver. Took 3 days but they finally wrote back and gave me the $97.50 obc!

Thanks,Gold Mine Gal! I almost gave up but your getting the obc made me want to keep trying!

Glad you got the obc. Somehow it still doesn't make sense because if the rate drops to the discounted price we're out the discount. Perhaps if that happens we need to call for another early saver Triumph rebook?:confused:

Archived