Early Saver-cabin change question

TikkiTembo

I booked my cruise with the Early Saver rate and have enjoyed one price drop so far. I forgot what it was matched to but I did get the OBC. I noticed today that there is a lower rate under the “Past Guests Save Big!” category, however, this category includes a 2 category upgrade. I want to take advantage of the price difference but I don’t want to change cabins. I want to keep the cabin I originally booked (8J catagory). If Carnival accepts the price match will they change or try to upgrade my cabin?

I booked my cruise with the Early Saver rate and have enjoyed one price drop so far. I forgot what it was matched to but I did get the OBC. I noticed today that there is a lower rate under the “Past Guests Save Big!” category, however, this category includes a 2 category upgrade. I want to take advantage of the price difference but I don’t want to change cabins. I want to keep the cabin I originally booked (8J catagory). If Carnival accepts the price match will they change or try to upgrade my cabin?

There's a radio button the form to state if you want an upgrade or an OBC...I would think if you said OBC they wouldn't do anything to your cabin. We called and got an upgrade :)

I saw the"Past guest sale" and booked a room on the Carnival Breeze.

I let him talk me into early saver. I contacted him this morning and changed it to past guest. There was no reduced deposit, no OBC, and the rate wasn't any cheaper than its been for the last couple of months.

I guess it's only certain ships and certain cruises that get that break.

Bottom line, I just felt more comfortable going with past guest. There was more restrictions on early saver. I don't mind not having and whistles and bells. I would have booked this anyway.

So........to answer your question, you should have no trouble changing anything.

OP, I would call if I were you. I wouldn't rely on the radio button on the price protection form. I've read of people doing that, and because of the promotion they matched again were still moved into a different cabin. If you call, you can talk with someone and let them know you don't want to be moved. Or, if you want to do the form, be sure to put a not in the comments section that you don't want to be moved and if taking advantage of the price reduction would result in your being moved that you decline the reduction.

Archived