Is it possible?

Cruisin' Cool CAT

We are already booked on Magic in Sept...just informed 4 of our friends want to book Thurs and take advantage of the 1/2 off deposits...they were asking me the below questions...I have NO clue and didn't want to ask my PVP...haha..:o

If they book ES, do they still get to take advantage of the 1/2 off deposit?

Providing they can, could they then turn around and submit for a price drop (past guest rate) the same day? :eek:

****They really want the price protection in case of future price drops, however, I looked over the small print and it appears the 1/2 off deposits only applies to the past guest rate, but you never know.

Unless they have changed it, I do not think the 1/2 price deposit is available for Early Saver. I think they can book as past guests and later switch to ES (before it expires) but my understanding is that they will have to pay the going rate at that time and come up with the rest of the deposit. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

We are already booked on Magic in Sept...just informed 4 of our friends want to book Thurs and take advantage of the 1/2 off deposits...they were asking me the below questions...I have NO clue and didn't want to ask my PVP...haha..:o

If they book ES' date=' do they still get to take advantage of the 1/2 off deposit?

Yes per the booking part of ccl.com

Providing they can, could they then turn around and submit for a price drop (past guest rate) the same day? :eek:

Yes, I asked my PVP about this not long ago.

****They really want the price protection in case of future price drops, however, I looked over the small print and it appears the 1/2 off deposits only applies to the past guest rate, but you never know.

See above in red... reduced deposits may not work on all sailings with ES but it did with the one I looked at for my October sailing.

Why not ask your PVP? It is their job to be there for you and help you book the best way possible for YOU.

Yes the Early Saver rates are available with the 50% deposit, at least if it is available for your sailing. I checked one date in September on the Magic and it was there. This is the wording:

Rate Name:

EARLY SAVER + 50% REDUCED DEPOSIT

Rate Terms: •Early Saver fare is backed by a unique price protection policy.

•Price protection does not apply to Super Saver, Instant Saver fares, group rates, membership rates, select promotions, or travel agent promotions.

•Verified rate difference isissued as an onboard credit.

•Cancellations prior to final payment due date willreceive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee.

•The future cruise credit must be used for bookings in USD currency within 24 months from the date of cancellation.

•Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered.

•No name changes are allowed.

•A $50 fee per guest will be assessed for ship/sail date changes made prior to final payment date.

Archived