Cozumel Time

Rambler5678

Does cruiseships change to local time like they do on the eastern cruise? It seems that the last week of October, due to differences in daylight savings time. Cozumel time will be two hours later than eastern time. So if we dock at 8 am etc it will be 6 am local time.

Does cruiseships change to local time like they do on the eastern cruise? It seems that the last week of October, due to differences in daylight savings time. Cozumel time will be two hours later than eastern time. So if we dock at 8 am etc it will be 6 am local time.

I'm having problems with this because I am renting a car in Cozumel and need to tell them the correct time for pick up. On the itinerary it says that we are at the port in Cozumel at 8am. Is that Cozumel time or EDT (6am in Cozumel)?

If your ship is leaving from the east coast (any port in FLA) you will be one hour ahead of Coz -- meaning your ship arrives at 7:00 AM Coz time. If your ship leaves from a central time port (New Orleans or Galveston) Coz time will be the same as ship time.

Just to complicate things, Mexico and the US observe daylight savings time on different schedules. The US springs ahead on March 10th and falls back an hour on November 3rd. Mexico changes clocks on April 7 and October 27th. Confused? :confused: I am! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

OK - so we are in Coz on April 9th. Leaving out of New Orleans. So will ship time and Cozumel time be the same? Or is Coz. an hour earlier? So confused????? OMG and what time will it be in Merida/Progresso on the 8th????:confused:

Most ships stay on the local time for whatever port they left from - so Eastern time if you leave from one of the FLA ports, and Central time if you leave from New Orleans or Galveston.

Good luck! :)

Most but not all. We changed clocks on the MSC Poesia last week so that at each port we were on local time. Personally I found it easier.

Archived