No automatic reply for ES PP form?

gcooper

I have a big family going on a cruise this Aug.

Last Monday night I submitted ES PP form for all 16 cabins...I used the same email address for all the submissions. I received 10 "Automatic Reply" so I was a little worried about the other 6. I called Carnival twice and really didn't get anything from them except "don't worry it will be ok" and still have not gotten any PP price drops so I figured that they are just busy.

Tonight I submitted 10 PP forms for the new Save Big! sale. This time I used the same email address as before for 9 submissions and a different email address for 1 of them. I received an "Automatic Reply" at just the one different email address.

Now I am certain that my main email address is somehow in their spam filter and the team is not working on my family's Price Protections :eek:

I have called 3 times and can't get anyone at Carnival to address this concern in any fashion other than to say "call back in a couple of days". How long do I need to let this ride before I raise my concerns to a supervisor on the phone? Has anyone EVER gotten to speak to someone in the Price Protection group? Has anyone submitting PP forms in the last couple weeks NOT received the "Automatic Rely" yet did finally get an email detailing a decline or accept of their PP?

Ok,

so this has happened to me again tonight.

I had 15 different cabins that needed a Price Protection form submitted. This time, I used a different email address than the one I used last week. I waited between submitting them until I received the "Automatic Reply". I got 10 done and then no more "Automatic Reply"s. I went ahead and submitted the remaining 5 but I do not feel safe that they will be processed.

Seems to be an odd coincidence that 10 is the magic number before the "Automatic Reply"s stop!

I am so frustrated with Carnival's Price Protection form that I am going to call tomorrow and start brewing up a storm.

I did not get them for my recent submission (Monday) for our 3 cabins. I did a screen shot of the price though. I'll check to see if the pricing was updated each day, and resubmit if it isn't changed by Friday. I suspect they are very busy right now!

It could be your own email's spam filter that is snagging all those repeat emails. I wouldn't panic.

Umm no, that is not the case as I program dynamic enterprise-class websites for a living. I know how to check not only my own spam folder but I also know how to configure spam filters for various mail server software packages ;)

What worries me is that when I talked to Carnival's website tech support they told me that the form results are NOT saved to a database, rather they are simply sent via email to the PP department. :eek:

I may be simply panicking needlessly but it sure seems odd that Carnival quit sending their Automatic Reply after the 10th submission...both times! And now when I submit a PP form with either of those emails I never receive an Automatic Reply.

In my latest submissions in the comment field I asked THEM to check their spam folder for my email address! :D

I had this happen to me about 3 price drops ago. I had waited 5 days and then I called carnival. I talked to a PVP and she had checked and assured me that I did not have one submitted, so it seems to me they can check and it does not have to be tech support.

She was nice enough to submit one for me and told me to resubmit another while I was on the phone with her, 10 minutes later I had gotten 2 automatic reply's and my price adjusted within 24 hours. So I guess it was a glitch?

I have gotten 2 more price drops since and both times a automatic reply in my email so it has worked since. Of course, I don't have as many rooms as you do but I had a similar experience none the less. I hope this helps and good luck. Keep calling to make sure. Persistence can be a beautiful thing :)

That is why I always take screen shots of both the form and the price. They can't even keep Fare Viewer up and running (or choose not to) so I don't trust the system.

I have received only one automatic reply on two submissions, then no further correspondence. The OBC just appeared on my account.

Good luck.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas, suggestions, and experience.

I heard from a Guest Solutions Agent (technical support) yesterday and wanted to share. He said that the system was not designed to efficiently handle a situation like mine (or perhaps as others have mentioned, there seems to be no gurantee that an auto-reply will be generated even if they are doing only 1 or 2 submissions). But he also said that when an agent goes to work your submissions that ALL submissions using that email address are automatically brought up. So for example if you were watching price drops this last couple of weeks and submitted 3 price drops, when the agent starts working your first one, he/she automatically sees all 3 and thus are able to see the lowest submission and ignore the rest. That's pretty smart. He suggested that as soon as a regular reply is sent that I can reply with a note asking the rep to check all my cabins.

What I have started doing: I have created several different email address that all get delivered to my email address. Now I use each of those to submit price drops for each of my family members, using this method I have not yet had a failed 'automatic reply'. This way I can unburden those of them that are not internet savvy from having to watch for and submit their price drops.

PS - I got a price drop applied yesterday evening to my cabin. I will check all the other cabins tomorrow.

All of my confirms didn't come thru also, spam filter. If thats not your case, I would call. Right now, Carnival is 2 price drops down for me and I'm waiting. They must be busy, earlier in the year, I received a nice email with my OBC. Now, I jus get the OBCapplied to my account.

Archived