Sun Princess mini suite

Rosee

Enjoy reading all the threads here, and am interested to know if others have noticed the change in the latest brochure to the Princess mini suite. It now appears to be rectangular rather than square in shape as in previous brochures.

I know Sun is undergoing a drydock / refit (?) in August this year, but can't imagine how long it would take to break a square mini suite in half, creating two longer narrower cabins, more like the balcony cabins on Rhapsody et al.

The floor area becomes approx 30 sq ms. instead of ranging between 34 - 50 sq ms.

Also the numbering that might need to be introduced to accommodate the possible new cabins.....and the commotion that can cause..... shades of yesterday !!!!

I am aware of a reclassification of cabins to be done prior to the deployment of the Sun to Japan, resulting in 4 levels of Mini suites instead of only 2 as well as uplisting balcony classifications eg. the old BC becomes BA.

The Princess receptionist says the lowest level of Mini suite is long and narrow too ! Their website still shows the square format for the mini suite.

I actually prefer the long narrow layout to the square one !

Has anyone travelled in a current AC mini suite recently on the Sun and can confirm or deny its current shape / layout and help put me out of my quandary ? I would also be interested in the thoughts of others on this matter.

Thanks for any assistance forthcoming,

Rosee

Hi Rosee, I too noticed the difference in the pictures of the cabins in the latest brochure, I think maybe the mini suites, and probably the other cabins are pictures of cabins on Diamond Princess rather than Sun, Dawn or Sea. Given the position of the corridors on the Sun they couldn't make the mini suites on B deck long and thin without taking out the inside cabins on the other side. The cabins either side of the mini suites on B deck are the balcony cabins they are the same depth the mini suites are just the width of two balcony cabins.

Thanks for your reply Witchitymob.

As I see it the mini suite depth would stay the same as it is, and also the same as the balcony cabins on either end too.

The present square layout would be roughly 7m x 7m if the floor space was abt 50 sm.

So if the depth remains 7m and the width halves to 3.5 - 4m the mini suite would become same length but narrower ..... and with a floor space of around 30 sm as advertised.

I know this is all supposition and probably not going to happen, but interesting as to why the picture was changed at all ! And why there is no mention now of the floor space area for a mini suite ranging from 34 - 50 sm.

The Diamond Princess was also in the previous brochure when only the square layout was shown.

There is also an increased range of floor space in the balcony cabins layout.

Maybe they just put the wrong pictures in the Australian brochure. we will just have to wait and see what, if anything, happens at the drydock.

Archived