Need Info on Explorer OS 1320

Mikeandme

i actually peeked into 1320 a couple weeks ago when i visited an officer on the ship - i asked if it was OK to look at cabins, and just popped into maybe a dozen - 1320 was one of them!!...stand by and i will post some pix....or at least a link to them.....looked in decent shape to me

as for noise, that's hit or miss...you MAY hear something, maybe not...i was in a GS once, and i don't recall much noise (i tend to remember when there WERE issues, so the fact that i can't makes me think it was minimal, if at all-i was in 1288 IIRC)

give me a few minutes to toss them up on a photo site and i will add them here..

I have stayed in that Owner's Suite before and have it booked again for 2014! We love the location, as it is one flight of stairs away from the Concierge Lounge and One flight away from the Windjammer and pool area. We have had no noise issued in there and the hump view is great. This particular OS, #1320, is also about a foot and a half deeper than the rest of the OS on the Explorer.

My one suggestion is to flip off the toggle switch on the doorbell, to turn it off when you do not wish to be disturbed at night. We had only one night where kids were ringing doorbells and running away. We were not disturbed, since we shut off the doorbell, but our neighbors were a few times that night toward the end of the cruise.

We did not notice any noise issues from the stairs or the elevator areas. This is a great cabin and location. Enjoy it!!! There is a great whirlpool tub in the bathroom as well. The space is awesome, although the balcony is a little smaller than a Grand Suite. I love the unobstructed view from the floor to ceiling picture window next to the bed, although there can be some salt spray and streaking on it toward the end of the cruise.

Eric

Anyone have any information on Explorer OS 1320? I'm interested in its present condition and whether there are any noise issues.

Thanks!

I have done 1320 on the Voyager. Since that is a sister ship, the noise should be similar, and we heard none. The room is in a great location. easy to get everywhere.

We are staying in 1320 on the Mariner this year, so it will be interesting to see the differences in that ship and the changes between her and the Voyager.

We have stayed in this room on the Explorer twice, the last time was in August and have it reserved again for this June.

It is our favorite room on the Explorer. As mentioned above the location is amazing and convenient to everything. We find it easy to get from the room to dinner, the pool, ice cream, etc, etc.

The condition of the room is pretty good, there is some age shown on the furniture and in the bathroom, but nothing gross and nothing that takes away from the experience. The room has the rotating flat screen which works well and has a DVD player attached which also worked well.

The condition of the balcony furniture is fair, we put towels on them when we sit on them. We love, love,love the view from the balcony.

There is noise from above, but it is isolated and is periodic. An example when people move around chairs you can hear the scrap, when someone runs you can hear it. I do not remember being woken from any noise and I am a light sleeper.

The room is located in a high traffic area so turning off the doorbell and taking care about what is left in sight of the door so when the door is open and the room steward is cleaning no one can jump in and grab things. Lots of people stop and look in the room when the door is open.

Hope this helps.

Mary

Thanks to all who replied to my inquiry. From pictures to advice, all responses provided valuable information. DH and I are really looking forward to this cruise and will make certain to turn off the doorbell, keep valuables out of sight (actually, not a problem because we don't have much that anyone would want ;)), and prepare to enjoy our lovely stateroom with only an occasional noise from above.

• 3 months later...
Thanks to all who replied to my inquiry. From pictures to advice, all responses provided valuable information. DH and I are really looking forward to this cruise and will make certain to turn off the doorbell, keep valuables out of sight (actually, not a problem because we don't have much that anyone would want ;)), and prepare to enjoy our lovely stateroom with only an occasional noise from above.

Awesome! Enjoy your cruise in a beautiful suite!!! :cool:

Eric

We have had a small toggle switch on the bottom of the chime box next to the top of the door in the Owners Suites on the Explorer. It has been awhile since we had a GS (twice in 1324) on Explorer, so I do not recall if there is one in a GS. the switch is small and not clearly marked, so it is easy to miss. We only shut it off when going to sleep.

Eric

Archived