Elation Grand Suite

Magic City Cruiser

We are sailing on our 8th annual "Girl's Cruise" this October. We had our first AFT balcony on the Triumph in 2011, last year we had 3 in a Grand Suite on Elation. We are sailing Elation again this year. However, we ended up paying around $570 each ( after deducting a $280 OBC we got ). So far, that Suite is now around $750 for 3 and that's just more than I want to spend.

Can anyone tell me about the Junior Suites? Is the balcony the same size? From a short search, it seems like you don't have the walk in closet or the bar and the room is smaller but I think I can live with that if the balcony is the same size!

Also, we thought that the sleeper couch was a bit uncomfortable. Will they bring a roll away instead?

I know people put 4 people in much smaller rooms and don't bat an eye but I just can't get my head around 3 or 4 women sharing a bathroom when I think about all the STUFF we all bring!

I believe that the Jr. Suites on the 'older' ships have very very small balconies. I remember something about two chairs being tight. And the cabin is the same size as a regular OV cabin, so considerably smaller than the GS.

Hope that helps - if you could find a picture of one on the Fantasy, fascination, ecstasy, paradise, sensation...it would give you an idea.

These are V16 on the Ecstasy.

24408img_0890.jpg

50331img_0891.jpg

31477img_0899.jpg

On the fantasy class ships, the rooms are comparative to regular balcony rooms (size-wise) on other ships, aside from some of the amenities (ie. woodwork, etc.). The balcony is *very* small, however. If you turn the chair outwards, your knees are pressed against the railing (much different from the depth you had on your aft balcony!). As well, the deck below extends beyond your deck, so you look straight down on the deck and others look straight up at you.

Archived