Princess $59 LAX Marriott INCLUDES TRANSFERS

JulieU89

Hi all-

Just wanted you guys to know about a Princess Deal that even the people over at Cruises-n-more.com couldn't believe.

We're flying in early for our 10/8/05 cruise on the Sapphire Princess. I saw that we could get booked into the Marriott LAX for $59/night (fine for us since we are getting in at 9pm and after having worked all day, I doubt we'll be up for much of anything). One of our fellow travelers said that he thought that the $59 included transfers.

When I called cruises-n-more.com to change some things about my reservation, I asked if I could book this $59 deal through them and if it did indeed include transfers.

The operator said that it didn't sound right but he put me on hold and called Princess...

...and it does include transfers. So I booked it. Apparently Princess purchased a block of rooms and is offering them on the cheap.

So for those of you that are flying in late the night before an LAX cruise and don't plan on sightseeing, you may want to look into this!!!

If you have princess brochures (or for those of you who download them like me) you can see for yourself. I don't think they mention the transfers in the brochure, but you can confirm that when you book through Princess.

Thanks! I just wrote my TA to ask if this is good for a pre-cruise on our Sapphire 12/24 cruise.

Opps... just got an auto-response that she's on a cruise herself though 6/21. Hope it's still good by then!

We're flying in early for our 10/8/05 cruise on the Sapphire Princess. I saw that we could get booked into the Marriott LAX for $59/night (fine for us since we are getting in at 9pm and after having worked all day, I doubt we'll be up for much of anything). One of our fellow travelers said that he thought that the $59 included transfers.[/qUOTE]

I believe the $59 is PER PERSON.

So the total would come to $118 - which may be a good deal. Super Shuttle is +/- $38 for 2 from LAX to San Pedro, so if you can get a hotel for less than $80, you may want to look elsewhere.

FYI ~

The LAX Marriott is a facility which I've utilized many many times for many many years and continue to do so. $59/night, even if it's PP is a very good rate. Remember, when Princess charges you $59, it also includes all taxes/fees; it's a net net price. And, San Pedro is not exactly around the corner. You got a good deal.

Arlene

P.S. There's a very nice sports bar in this hotel which you'll probably be utilizing if you're arriving late. Good burgers.

There's a very nice sports bar in this hotel which you'll probably be utilizing if you're arriving late. Good burgers.

Thanks!

We'll be leaving work and going straight to DTW. Since Northworst doesn't provide food (and the food they provided was nearly inedible anyways)...we'll be looking for something long about 10:30--or more like middle of the night EST.

Thanks!

We'll be leaving work and going straight to DTW. Since Northworst doesn't provide food (and the food they provided was nearly inedible anyways)...we'll be looking for something long about 10:30--or more like middle of the night EST.

I saw a feature on the news last night about how the airlines are all needing to save some major money and how they may even discontinue free soft drinks in coach ... no more peanuts either. With deregulation and the drastic reduction in airline faires, many of the airlines are now facing possible bankruptcy. They are coming up with all sorts of ways to reduce costs ... like changing routes so as to save on fuel, etc.

So ... don't be surprised if on your next flight, they don't even offer you those peanuts. After all, they do cost money ... and add to the bottom line. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'm not on this cruise, but...

Dang, I live in LA and wouldn't even need a hotel, but for that price, even I would take it...

$118 INCLUDING transfers is a great hotel deal in almost ANY city...Yeah, you COULD find a hotel in LA for under $80...How does the Motel 6 in Inglewood sound to you?

Look, here's the key, doing the whole thing through the cruise line not only gets you a room and transfers...it relieves you of STRESS...They bring you to the hotel, they pick you up at the hotel and take you to the ship...

LAX is 20-25 miles from the pier, depending on which side of the harbor you sail out of--Pedro or Long Beach...It is costly and not easy to get there on your own...And LAX is a big place...You don't necessarily want to land and find your hotel...or how to get to your hotel...even if they have a shuttle, you may get mired in confusion...

So, you let a Princess rep meet you and lead you--easy...

For those of you arriving late and leaving the following day, no big deal (Yeah, at 9:00 pm, you are just going to bed)...But, even if you were getting in early and had time to head up to Santa Monica or Beverly Hills or Westwood, LAX is not that inconvenient a location...and good hotels in SM, BH and Westwood generally run 3 to 5 times this much!

GRAB THIS DEAL!!!

I saw a feature on the news last night about how the airlines are all needing to save some major money and how they may even discontinue free soft drinks in coach ... no more peanuts either. With deregulation and the drastic reduction in airline faires, many of the airlines are now facing possible bankruptcy.

So ... don't be surprised if on your next flight, they don't even offer you those peanuts.

From June 1 Detroit News:

Northwest isn't the first carrier to halt magazine service. American Airlines dropped magazines shortly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Northwest lost $450 million in the first quarter of 2005 and $3.1 billion since 2001. The nation's fourth largest airline wants another $800 million in pay, benefit and work rule concessions from union workers.

On June 9, Northwest will drop complimentary pretzel snacks on all domestic flights.

Yeah, looks like my carry on will be a bit heavier this flight. Lots of snacks (unless we upgrade to 1st class).

Archived