Atlantis submarine

Mike&Lorraine

Has anyone done this out of St. Thomas? My husband and son want to do this and I want to try to get some diving in too. We're trying to work out the logistics because we also have a 3 year old daughter and we're hesitant to leave her on the ship without one of us there. What time does the excursion start? How does the transportation work? How long does it take? Where do they drop you off afterward and how far is it from the ship?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lorraine

My experience only, others may have had a better time aboard the sub. Anyway, the ferry to the dock for Atlantis was over an hour late, and it had to be 100 degrees in the shade (if only there were any!). No apologies from Atlantis, there were some elderly people waiting with me who I thought were going to have heat stroke, Atlantis told them if they had to leave before the ferry arrived they would not get a refund, no water was provided so these poor older folks were roasting and dehydrating in the heat. Then the ferry arrived, steel chairs for a very bumpy ride to the dock, watered down rum punch in a cooler for anyone interested. Once on, there were literally only enough room for those who purchased tickets and a place for the MC to stand, it was so tight that the MC kept telling everyone to "shove down and find room" for the last guest. We were packed in this thing like Vienna sausage, saw very little fish and some dead coral, only one small viewing window for 2 people to look out of. You better like the people on your right and left because you are literally on one another's laps. Then you get to resurface and feel a huge wave of nausea, they tell everyone to check under their seats for the "vomit bags" and tells his story of one passanger who got all the way to the top of the narrow one person ladder leading out of the sub and vomited down the ladder onto the other passangers below. General concensus among every passanger was that the 90$ per person was not worth the cost, and after they ask for tips to keep the sub running. Like I said only my opinion, you may want to try for yourself and hopefully have a better experience.

Archived