Next cruise certificate RCI ?

How do they work when you buy onboard and what do they cost?

Do you have to redeem them with RCI or can you use with T/A of choice?

Thanks

Den

You buy it on board. $100. You then make a booking on line or on the phone. You pay the reduced deposit and they give you OBC.

You can then transfer it to the Travel agent of your choice.

If you cancel that trip you do not loose the benefits- you just transfer to any cruise in the future(if you don't have a cruise in mind) ....then again transfer it to the one you want to go on when you pick one. They never expire.

Pretty great system!!

Raina

You buy it on board. $100. You then make a booking on line or on the phone. You pay the reduced deposit and they give you OBC.

You can then transfer it to the Travel agent of your choice.

If you cancel that trip you do not loose the benefits- you just transfer to any cruise in the future(if you don't have a cruise in mind) ....then again transfer it to the one you want to go on when you pick one. They never expire.

Pretty great system!!

Raina

Thanks! I just dont want to commit a future cruise to RCI "Australia" booking site, will I be allowed to use an Overseas T/A? I would much rather book & Pay in US Dollars which means I can book & pay add on,s in US Dollars.

Den

Thanks! I just dont want to commit a future cruise to RCI "Australia" booking site, will I be allowed to use an Overseas T/A? I would much rather book & Pay in US Dollars which means I can book & pay add on,s in US Dollars.

Den

They say you can but in reality i have been warned -NO. I think i saw something about this earlier on the boards.

I've just finished a thread posted some time ago on a Royal Caribbean post about the Royal Caribbean C&A loyalty perks by 'Cruisenfever'!

She seems so knowledgeable about all things pertaining to Royal Caribbean cruising!

Of course, it's all from a US perspective so my thought was "we need an Aussie 'Cruisenfever' to assist us all here"!

FIJI HERE WE COME! - Just 9 more sleeps before we head off to Fiji! Hopefully the weather will be an improvement on what we've been experiencing here in Northern NSW for most of the past 6 weeks!

Gae

I've just finished a thread posted some time ago on a Royal Caribbean post about the Royal Caribbean C&A loyalty perks by 'Cruisenfever'!

She seems so knowledgeable about all things pertaining to Royal Caribbean cruising!

Of course, it's all from a US perspective so my thought was "we need an Aussie 'Cruisenfever' to assist us all here"!

FIJI HERE WE COME! - Just 9 more sleeps before we head off to Fiji! Hopefully the weather will be an improvement on what we've been experiencing here in Northern NSW for most of the past 6 weeks!

Gae

Yes true because if we use a future cruise certificate and must use RCI Australia to book then there are differing booking conditions between U.S and OZ sites.

Anyone used a FCC on RCI Australia?

We are on the same cruise gaechann and also praying for the sun:D:D:D

opposite here! We are in Perth and it has been so hot this summer I cant remember it ever being this hot for so long without a break!

We are heading to Asia on VOS in 7 days and expecting some very hot humid weather all the way unless there is a dramatic world wide climate change on the way soon:p

Yes true because if we use a future cruise certificate and must use RCI Australia to book then there are differing booking conditions between U.S and OZ sites.

Anyone used a FCC on RCI Australia?

Yes, I recently booked with RCI Aust using my FCC which I obtained during the Voyager cruise to NZ in Nov 2012.

I forgot about using it for the upcoming Fiji cruise which was a booking of 3 cabins too but anyway, remembered it for the Oct cruise to Perth so with the extra days obtained OBC of $200 and just had to pay another $100 for the second person as a deposit.

I then transferred the booking to a local big-company TA franchise who didn't seem all that impressed having to do the work to transfer the booking. Looking for a better one to transfer to next time. Know any good ones?

I didn't leave the booking with RCI because I would have had to pay a fee to have my money transferred into $USD which I was very reluctant to do!

Gae

Yes, I recently booked with RCI Aust using my FCC which I obtained during the Voyager cruise to NZ in Nov 2012.

I forgot about using it for the upcoming Fiji cruise which was a booking of 3 cabins too but anyway, remembered it for the Oct cruise to Perth so with the extra days obtained OBC of $200 and just had to pay another $100 for the second person as a deposit.

I then transferred the booking to a local big-company TA franchise who didn't seem all that impressed having to do the work to transfer the booking. Looking for a better one to transfer to next time. Know any good ones?

I didn't leave the booking with RCI because I would have had to pay a fee to have my money transferred into $USD which I was very reluctant to do!

Gae

So what do they cost up front, should we get one each as we always go together or just get one and pay the $100 deposit for second person?

Gae

If you booked in Australia, why would you need to transfer to USD?

Local bookings are charged in AUD.

If you booked in Australia, why would you need to transfer to USD?

Local bookings are charged in AUD.

Yes but your credit card company charges you a foreign conversion fee because your money although charged on RCI Australia booking site goes direct to "RCI Florida" and it is paid off shore in USA Dollars!

You dont seem to understand this? Not everyone has a fee free credit card?

Everything you pay RCI Australia is paid direct to RCI Florida in USA Dollars! RCI Australia receive no funds what so ever!

You are presuming RCI Australia gets your payment in $AU and then passes on to RCI parent company at a later date in either $ Australian or $USA???

You pay an Australia dollar amount and that payment goes direct "Off shore" to RCI Floria accounts department in USA Dollars!

Please read this in RCI Australia "Terms and Conditions" Under "Payments" It states quite clearly that payments will go off shore and some financial institutions charge a foreign exchange charge!!!!!!!!

Its all well and good to keep telling people its ok to pay RCI Australia in Australian Dollars when the truth is not shown to those who use a credit card that does not show or charge these fees. It is a different story for those who "Do" pay the foreign exchange fee on every single payment to RCI Australia!

So what do they cost up front, should we get one each as we always go together or just get one and pay the $100 deposit for second person?

Unless you intend to cruise more than once each year with RCI you really only need to purchase ONE on-board Next Cruise (or Future) Certificate.

The Next Cruise Certificate shows your next RCI Reservation ID so that has to be quoted when making your next booking with them.

To secure your booking, you will need to pay an additional $100 deposit for the second person in your cabin.

The best points of the NCC are:

• There is no expiry date on them
  • They cost just $100 which is then used as the total of your deposit for your next cruise once you book it
  • There is OBC attached up to $200 depending on the total next cruise nights
  • Up to 2 other bookings can receive the same OBC as you if they book the same cruise as you within 30 days of your booking

Why wouldn't you purchase one (or even 2) I say! The bookings have to be made with the on-board Next Cruises RCI rep who have set hours that they work on-board.

You may need to make an appointment to see them. They do get extremely busy the last few days of the cruise.

Gae

Unless you intend to cruise more than once each year with RCI you really only need to purchase ONE on-board Next Cruise (or Future) Certificate.

The Next Cruise Certificate shows your next RCI Reservation ID so that has to be quoted when making your next booking with them.

To secure your booking, you will need to pay an additional $100 deposit for the second person in your cabin.

• They cost just $100 which is then used as the total of your deposit for your next cruise once you book it
  • Up to 2 other bookings can receive the same OBC as you if they book the same cruise as you within 30 days of your booking

Why wouldn't you purchase one (or even 2) I say! The bookings have to be made with the on-board Next Cruises RCI rep who have set hours that they work on-board.

You may need to make an appointment to see them. They do get extremely busy the last few days of the cruise.

Gae

Thanks Gae! Are they pushy to sell you a next cruise though?

Last experience was with P&O on-board who where very pushy in getting a deposit on a future cruise that was more expensive than advertised on land lol

Can I just go and purchase NCC without other sales hassles.

On the radiance a week or so ago they had the forms just sitting there. You just filled them in and popped them in a box. My FCC was in my email in box a week later. Did not even have to see the sales team. Yes they were very busy and ran out of time slots.

No actual sailing is listed.

On the radiance a week or so ago they had the forms just sitting there. You just filled them in and popped them in a box. My FCC was in my email in box a week later. Did not even have to see the sales team. Yes they were very busy and ran out of time slots.

No actual sailing is listed.

So they just added the $100 to your set sail pass then e maild the NCC:)

This is a good way to do it:)

Den

Thanks Gae! Are they pushy to sell you a next cruise though?

Last experience was with P&O on-board who where very pushy in getting a deposit on a future cruise that was more expensive than advertised on land lol

Can I just go and purchase NCC without other sales hassles.

I only spoke with the sales rep as I was unsure how it all worked!

NOT at all pushy about purchasing your next cruise!

I gave her my credit card if I remember correctly and then she emailed me the certificate which showed up in my inbox the next day.

The Certificate itself was delivered to my cabin the next day as well.

KEEP IT IN A SAFE PLACE!!! I forgot I had mine then had to go looking for it but found it with my passport - all safe and sound!

Gae

SOLD! I am getting a couple:) Ah, sounds like you might convert to the RCI ships!

Just looking at a good deal from Hawaii to Canada for next year:)

Den

Yes, it's great to have the NCC's when the "good deals" show up!

I think I'll purchase a couple whilst on the Rhapsody next week!

Enjoy the Voyager! We did though she's due for an upgrade when they'll put in extra Specialty Restaurants for those who are happy to PAY for them!

We went to Portofino's twice! For $20 per head we were more than happy with the meals!

Gae

If you book on the ship and the deposit is not charged in US$ (which it's not), then an American agent can't take over the booking. We have an American TA who is not only more professional than Australian TAs, they beat the prices (almost always), honour price drops and give generous OBC.

We don't book future cruises on the ship because the cheap deposits dont apply if you're booking a suite (Grand and above) and quite frankly I find them in the Future Cruises Lounge to be incompetent.:)

Cheers

Di

Gae

Hi we are a family of 5 and we need two cabins. Do I have to buy 5 future cruise certs of just 2, one for each cabin?

Hi we are a family of 5 and we need two cabins. Do I have to buy 5 future cruise certs of just 2' date=' one for each cabin?[/quote']

Like you, I thought I would need to buy 5 and I asked the exact same question when I was onboard. You only need 1 certificate ($100) to cover up to 3 cabins or 3 bookings (You need 2 booking numbers if staying in a family cabin holding 5 or 6 passengers). The certificate will allow you to pay just $100 deposit per person when you decide to book your cruise, and you get obc for up to 3 bookings - all from the one certificate :). You won't need to pay the $100 deposit when booking for the passenger who books the certificate as you would have already paid that onboard.

Hope that makes sense :)

If you book on the ship and the deposit is not charged in US$ (which it's not), then an American agent can't take over the booking. We have an American TA who is not only more professional than Australian TAs, they beat the prices (almost always), honour price drops and give generous OBC.

We don't book future cruises on the ship because the cheap deposits dont apply if you're booking a suite (Grand and above) and quite frankly I find them in the Future Cruises Lounge to be incompetent.:)

Cheers

Di

What if I use a Private VPN and book with RCI USA? I have close friends in Tucson AZ and can use their mailing address and Zip code for initial booking?

Its pretty poor if you cant swap to a USA T/A after first booking with RCI Australia!

I came across this problem with my recent (and first) RCI booking where US T/A was happy to transfer my booking from RCI until they found out I had booked Via RCI Australia:confused:

What is going on? I think we need (Through CC) to stay one step ahead of this price fixing scandal! It wont be long before "every" cruise line will do the same!

At least Carnival now accepts me as a USA cruiser even though Carnival has an Australian arm.

I find it totally unacceptable that a company can charge and impose conditions on you dependant on your demographic:mad:

Tiananmen square (sp) Internet footage access was vetted for Chinese users and we were horrified about it! but seems like big business has been allowed to adopted the same as a future model for all Internet users world wide in the name of global profit(GREED) :mad:

Den

You dont seem to understand this? Not everyone has a fee free credit card?

I'm well aware of this, just the wording said that the fee had to be paid to transfer to USD which isn't the case. For what you said it's that the payment is still in AUD, but the transaction is in the US.

As for the comment about "not everyone", nobody said they did, but the majority of cards issued in Australia do not charge a fee for transactions overseas.

Its pretty poor if you cant swap to a USA T/A after first booking with RCI Australia!

As covered before, it's not a global system so you can't transfer bookings between countries regardless of who took the booking (TA or cruise line).

Archived