Jewel sideways room layout

DDMau

We are looking at an Alaska cruise this summer and noticed that some of the obstructed oceanview cabins on deck 8 have a sideways layout.

Has anyone been in these cabins or can someone tell me about their layout, photos would be great. Thanks

probably not much help, but i seem to remember reading a review of one of those cabins and the bed runs the length of the room, so the window is actually at the side of the bed, not at the head... not sure if that matters to you or not. I am booked in a OBV on the jewel next week, but purposely chose one that is in the "normal" arrangements.

I was in 8598 on the Jewel and its a sideways room. A handicap room. I loved the layout and being that its a sideways handicap room it was bigger. We were 3 people (2adults 1child) 1bed was along the wall with the window the other bed was the opposite wall and the fold down was at the head of the bed.

We are looking at an Alaska cruise this summer and noticed that some of the obstructed oceanview cabins on deck 8 have a sideways layout.

Has anyone been in these cabins or can someone tell me about their layout, photos would be great. Thanks

Yes, #8566 was a sideways cabin. Big picture window, looks straight out to the ocean via two plexiglass doors on the lifeboat outside. Very big room, compared to the inside rooms. Lots of storage space. I would say that the bathroom is a bit compact. This room is in a hallway by itself. It is across from the staff elevator and stairs. But it is a very quiet location. No noise issues, just a little creaking, since the Jewel is getting on in her age. Easy access to the Blue lagoon and all elevators. We loved the room!

Archived