? On Balcony Guarantee

If you book something in let's say, a BA category (which is a midship balcony room on deck 10, 11 on the Epic). If you book BA GUARANTEE (which is the only thing available in that category right now) that means you'll stay either on those decks and in that category or a category higher right?

I just don't want to pay for a BA Guarantee balcony and end up on deck 8 with an exposed balcony when I paid the rate to be on Deck 10 or 11.

Or end up in the very front or very back in a hull balcony.

If you book something in let's say, a BA category (which is a midship balcony room on deck 10, 11 on the Epic). If you book BA GUARANTEE (which is the only thing available in that category right now) that means you'll stay either on those decks and in that category or a category higher right?

I just don't want to pay for a BA Guarantee balcony and end up on deck 8 with an exposed balcony when I paid the rate to be on Deck 10 or 11.

Or end up in the very front or very back in a hull balcony.

You are correct that you will be assigned a cabin in a BA Category or a "Higher" or "Better" Category. However, be aware that NCL defines what is "Higher" or "Better". You could easily be assigned on a lower deck MiniSuite, or a Spa Balcony or a Family Balcony. All of these are higher categories, but their location may not be what you desire. If certain decks or cabin location are important to you, I would not book a guarantee without fully looking online to determine where every possible higher category cabin on the ship is located and decide if you can live with that. Because you might be assigned to it.

There have been posts on here of people who get an "upgraded" cabin above what their guarantee was and they did not consider that location or cabin type to be an "upgrade".

Correct. It will be the category you booked or higher. Keep in mind you may end up with an undesirable room in a category above you. For example, they could put you in any category B1-B9. There are B4 hull balconies on deck 14 that you could end up with. Most of the forward B6 balconies on 9-12 are hull balconies as well (but with large balconies). You need to make sure you understand your risks

Archived