Carnival Soda card worth it?

Jen&Bill5104

We are first time cruisers going on Carnival Legend this July for 9 days. Normally, I am an average soda drinker but I have heard the drinks that are free on the ship arent too good (iced tea, etc).

What is the cost of a soda without the soda card?

What drinks are free with dinner? Usually dinner is when I cant live without the soda and I usually have a few with one meal. For those who have purchased the card, was it worth it?

We are first time cruisers going on Carnival Legend this July for 9 days. Normally, I am an average soda drinker but I have heard the drinks that are free on the ship arent too good (iced tea, etc).

What is the cost of a soda without the soda card?

What drinks are free with dinner? Usually dinner is when I cant live without the soda and I usually have a few with one meal. For those who have purchased the card, was it worth it?

Hola Newbies,

If memory serves, the soda card on Carnival was $45 on our 7-day cruise. So you would have to drink an average of 3 a day to make it cost efficient. I believe that the cost per bottle was $2.50 @. As for the free drinks, I can't say that the drinks were bad. We liked the punch and my wife and in-laws liked the tea. There is also coffee, hot cocoa and limonaide. The soda card is pretty handy because you can purchase a Carnival travel glass and get a refill at several places around the ship.

Thanks! I think we are going to get it as I cant drink lemonade or water with dinner-we both usually have atleast 2 sodas at dinner so looks like as long we drink atleast one or two more during the day (which isnt hard) it will be worth it to have.

Thanks!:)

Not sure on the Fun ships.. but other ships will afix a sticker to your cruise-card. On many ships this is also your room key.

Some lines also have your photo on the cruise card.. as such MR using MRS card would probably be caught... tho you could say you are getting it for her.

Its really not a huge expense.. compared to junior drinking sodas WITHOUT a card.. buck up and buy them for everyone.

Is that soda card per person or can my DH and I use the same one?

Carnival gives you a separate card from your S&S that is your "fountain fun card" and you show to the bartenders/servers when you orde, that you're supposed to sign on the back (I didn't). It's a bit difficult at dinner if you get a stickler for a bar server (or just order at separate times) to have 2 people order off the same card. But during the day or at the bars, it's simple to just pass it back and forth.

we definately got our money's worth. I got it for myself, and drank a TON of pop. DH isn't a big soda drinker and used it a few times.

Archived