New Getaway offers

BrianI

...... and the Getaway price for a cruise I booked last April for this coming May is about £200 more than I paid then.

It's a scandal :D:rolleyes:

Gan Canny

Dai

Do you think there will be any getaway prices for August cruises? We are currently looking at the end of July, but there are a couple of cruises I fancy in August, if the price was right. I can only do one, so don't know whether to book the July cruise or wait and see.

sweby

Wait and see. Already Getaway fares are out there for the July sailings. Having said that if you want the OBC and choice of sitting and to choose your cabin and you think the fare is fair. Book now. But please dont come on here and complain if you do book it and then you see it cheaper later - we have had our fill of those.

Wait and see. Already Getaway fares are out there for the July sailings. Having said that if you want the OBC and choice of sitting and to choose your cabin and you think the fare is fair. Book now. But please dont come on here and complain if you do book it and then you see it cheaper later - we have had our fill of those.

I don't mind taking a chance with the cabin, I've never been on Ventura so don't have any preference. Not bothered about OBC as I think I could save more than I would gain. However, I didn't spot the bit about the dining, so thanks for alerting me to that. It probably doesn't matter either, but will check it out with my other half. Anyway, don't worry, I won't be on here complaining, my intention is to go and enjoy every minute, and I think as long as I have realistic expectations of the 'package' I buy into then I won't be disappointed, even if the price changes. But thanks again for the tip about dining.

sweby

I don't mind taking a chance with the cabin, I've never been on Ventura so don't have any preference. Not bothered about OBC as I think I could save more than I would gain. However, I didn't spot the bit about the dining, so thanks for alerting me to that. It probably doesn't matter either, but will check it out with my other half. Anyway, don't worry, I won't be on here complaining, my intention is to go and enjoy every minute, and I think as long as I have realistic expectations of the 'package' I buy into then I won't be disappointed, even if the price changes. But thanks again for the tip about dining.

sweby

Sweby,

You're going July/August?....taking kids by any chance? if so another thing to remember is that kids places are limited (even if the ship is half-empty) they will only take as many as they can accommodate in the kid's clubs, even if you don't want to use them !!

You still get to choose your dining options on a Getaway fare. I have just booked one for June and been able to select my dining time and size of table.

The comment about kids is valid. There are four age groups and if your kids age group is full, then you will not be allowed to book even if the other age groups are not full.

Brian

You still get to choose your dining options on a Getaway fare. I have just booked one for June and been able to select my dining time and size of table.

Quite! I've booked four Getaways now, with P&O and Cunard. Always got my preferred dining time, plus table for two. Looking at availability on the Getaways this year, the bookings are so low that the chances of getting your preferred dining time are just about guaranteed, though you may not snag a table for two. A lot of the dire warnings are doom-mongering from those who are unable, for whatever reason, to take advantage of saving themselves a thousand quid or so.

Of course, if you book a couple of weeks out, once the offers for your particular cruise have been around for a while, it will be more difficult.

Peter

Sweby,

You're going July/August?....taking kids by any chance? if so another thing to remember is that kids places are limited (even if the ship is half-empty) they will only take as many as they can accommodate in the kid's clubs, even if you don't want to use them !!

Thanks, but its just the two of us, but we are tied to school hols unfortunately

sweby

Archived