So exactly what coffee and/or coffee "shops" are included in the Classic Bev Pkg?

leela14

You will see that sheet at the table where they sell drink packages in the terminal and also set up outside of the buffet when you board. you can grab one and carry it around with you:)

Thanks for the info! I will do that:)

Back from Eclipse!!

OK - I have an update that might be good or bad as the bottom line is that YMMV as the practice on Eclipse was inconsistent with what I heard on the Silhouette - but in a way that would cover everything you'd hope for.

One morning the Bar Manager in charge of Cafe al Bacio was there in addition to the regular morning staff. I took that opportunity to ask the same question I did on Silhouette (what coffees would not be included in the classic package) expecting the same answer with a plan to ask the follow up question as to whether there was a difference between the NA items ("NA" = non-alcoholic) included in the Classic NA package and the full Classic package.

To my surprise the answer to the first question was that the Classic package includes all of the items in the Cafe al Bacio menu. I specifically asked what the difference was between "Premium" vs. "Specialty" coffees and got sort of a deer in the headlights look from both the bar manager and the regular staff. The bar manager said that sometimes the coffees with liquor were called specialty coffee but that those wouldn't be included in any NA package. He said that other than that all menu items, other than Gellato would be included in the classic package.

This just reinforces my old belief that there is no clear definition of Premium vs. Specialty coffees at Celebrity and that different people, departments and ships use to terms differently.

So unfortunately you might not know the answer for your particular cruise until you ask on board.

Actually, I think the explanation that the bar manager gave you was very specific. For those with the non-alcohol classic package, all the coffees are covered, with the exception of those with alcohol. Period. If there is alcohol in the coffee, it's not covered if you have the non-alcohol package.

For the poster who said Aspen coffee (which is not on the menu but when we were on Equinox in February I asked for it and they happily made it) is not covered under the Classic Alcohol Package, that is incorrect. When you have the Classic Alcohol Package, ANY beverage $8 and below is covered. The Aspen Coffee was $6.

I had the premium non-alchoholic package on the Eclipse last month and did not have to pay for any non-alchoholic drink I had. I think I tried every variety possible. I liked not having to sign anything. The price is some what high, so you probably have to get 4 or 5 drinks a day to break even.

Last year I had the classic non pkg and there weren't any restrictions. Any coffee drink on the menu was included. Leaving again this weekend and I have ordered the same pkg. I am not anticipating anything different than last time as the descriptions still read the same.

Archived