So exactly what coffee and/or coffee "shops" are included in the Classic Bev Pkg?

leela14

I think I am spending more time researching what's included in this package than I am researching ports LOL.

So I think any coffee served in the dining room and buffet are included and that includes lattes, cappuccinos etc.

Does room service serve lattes and cappuccinos?

I think there are 3 other places to get coffee on board: Aqua Spa - which I understand is for everyone, not just Aqua class; Cafe Al Bacio and another cafe I can't remember the name of with a $5 cover charge?

Is coffee at any of these places included? I read on another thread that the Cafe Americano is over $5 - if that's true it sounds like its a better deal to go to the place with the $5 cover charge and get what you want for $5 - not just coffee. Unless Cafe Al Bacio has "free" pastries etc (biscotti - yum!?) with the purchase of coffee.

Then there is timing - maybe not all these venues are open for morning or late night coffee?

Could this be any more confusing? How about making ALL coffee free Celebrity - what is that really going to do to your bottom line?

I think I am spending more time researching what's included in this package than I am researching ports LOL.

So I think any coffee served in the dining room and buffet are included and that includes lattes, cappuccinos etc.

Does room service serve lattes and cappuccinos?

I think there are 3 other places to get coffee on board: Aqua Spa - which I understand is for everyone, not just Aqua class; Cafe Al Bacio and another cafe I can't remember the name of with a $5 cover charge?

Is coffee at any of these places included? I read on another thread that the Cafe Americano is over $5 - if that's true it sounds like its a better deal to go to the place with the $5 cover charge and get what you want for $5 - not just coffee. Unless Cafe Al Bacio has "free" pastries etc (biscotti - yum!?) with the purchase of coffee.

Then there is timing - maybe not all these venues aren't open for morning or late night coffee?

Could this be any more confusing? How about making ALL coffee free Celebrity - what is that really going to do to your bottom line?

The one with Five dollars cover charge is bistro on five.

With the classic package all is included as far as it's price is not higher than 8 euros.

Room service drinks not included. The breakfast option drinks are included.

Hi,

Not really confusing...All regular brewed coffee is FREE....whether Room Service; Restaurants; Buffet, Aqua Spa etc....However the (1) Coffee Shop (Cafe al Bacio) does NOT have regular brewed coffee, but only espresso based drinks...which have an associated cost whether you get them there or order them at one of the Bars or restaurants...(except for certain free ones at the "Elite" breakfast and in Suites)....OK...maybe it is confusing !!:D:confused:

If you have the "Classic" package...the basic espresso drinks (cappuccino, latte, mocha) will be included wherever you order them...except room service. Free regular brewed coffee in OceanView 24 hrs. Cafe al Bacio is open 0630/0700 to midnight or later.

Whewwww... now I am confused...and if incorrect...someone will no doubt correct me !!

Enjoy

Woody

If you have the "Classic" package...the basic espresso drinks (cappuccino, latte, mocha) will be included wherever you order them...except room service. Free regular brewed coffee in OceanView 24 hrs. Cafe al Bacio is open 0630/0700 to midnight .

So they are included in al Bacio as long their price is not over 8 dollars...

Can anyone who has had the classic package recently confirm that the Aspen coffee (or others with alcohol @ $6 each) is included in the package? I would think it should be included due to the price, but there seems to be discussion that the coffee drinks with alcohol are only covered in the premium package.

First: There are two types of coffee served on the ship. Your cruise fare includes regular brewed coffee (or something similar to that) at no extra charge. This is available no extra charge at every dining venue on the ship and is available 24/7 in the buffet area and from room service. It is definitly institutional quality and, personally, I think it is awful but there are others who think it is OK. The other kind of coffee is espresso based coffees which have an extra cost which includes all the variations such as latte, cappuccino, Americano, etc. This extra cost coffee is pretty good. The latter is the coffee included in the beverage packages.

The main place to get the espresso type coffee is the coffee bar, called Cafe al Bacio on most of the ships. It is also available in all dining areas although I've heard mixed messages about the speed of delivery and quality of it. We've frequently had it in the buffet area where you can order at a bar located there or through a waiter - although sometimes the waiters in the buffet take a while to find and to get delivery. The versions served in the buffet, at least on the S class ships where we've had it, is just as good as the coffee bar.

The unlimited beverage packages do not include any room service. While unrelated to the beverage package, suite amenities include espresso based coffees served in your suite by your butler at no additional charge. If you are in a standard cabin then I don't know if you can purchase espresso based coffees through room service or not as I never tried it. You can purchase the coffees at the coffee bar and get it served in take away cups to bring back to your stateroom and this is included in a beverage package if you have one.

If you order any type of drink for ROOM SERVICE--you pay, they are not included in the classic or premium pkg

This is true only for beverage which have an extra cost elsewhere. All beverages which are available at no extra charge in the dining areas are also available at no extra charge from room service.

For a discussion of no extra charge beverages take a look at the following cruise critic thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28137836

First: There are two types of coffee served on the ship. Your cruise fare includes regular brewed coffee (or something similar to that) at no extra charge. This is available no extra charge at every dining venue on the ship and is available 24/7 in the buffet area and from room service. It is definitly institutional quality and, personally, I think it is awful but there are others who think it is OK. The other kind of coffee is espresso based coffees which have an extra cost which includes all the variations such as latte, cappuccino, Americano, etc. This extra cost coffee is pretty good. The latter is the coffee included in the beverage packages.

The main place to get the espresso type coffee is the coffee bar, called Cafe al Bacio on most of the ships. It is also available in all dining areas although I've heard mixed messages about the speed of delivery and quality of it. We've frequently had it in the buffet area where you can order at a bar located there or through a waiter - although sometimes the waiters in the buffet take a while to find and to get delivery. The versions served in the buffet, at least on the S class ships where we've had it, is just as good as the coffee bar.

The unlimited beverage packages do not include any room service. While unrelated to the beverage package, suite amenities include espresso based coffees served in your suite by your butler at no additional charge. If you are in a standard cabin then I don't know if you can purchase espresso based coffees through room service or not as I never tried it. You can purchase the coffees at the coffee bar and get it served in take away cups to bring back to your stateroom and this is included in a beverage package if you have one.

A bar selling alcohol doesn't have coffee?

Thx for your post, but it reads no coffee avail at Mast Grill, Sunset/Oceanview, Sky Lounge, Michaels, etc.

Penny

Thanks everyone - I think I am a little less confused now. :p

I don't drink alcohol which is why the coffee is important - both in the morning, and at night if DH is having a drink, I sometimes would rather have a latte than pop.

A bar selling alcohol doesn't have coffee?

Thx for your post, but it reads no coffee avail at Mast Grill, Sunset/Oceanview, Sky Lounge, Michaels, etc.

Penny

Sorry - but I did not try to answer the bar part of your question as I do not know if they have coffee one way or the other. So consider the bar part of the question, at least as far as bars unattached to a dining area, unanswered by me.

I believe the mast grill does have regular coffee (or it is nearby) but I do not believe there is an espresso machine there. Personally, when I eat food from there I usually carry it over to the buffet area to sit in any event. The Oceanview is the buffet so there are definitely both kinds of coffee there. The Sunset falls into my general uncertainty about coffee at lounges but it is so close to the buffet that you can easily grab a cup from there.

I will say that you can get an Espresso Martini at the Martini bar - but I don't know if they use actual coffee in it or just espresso flavored vodka. They are really good in any event although, personally, I like the older recipe from the old martini bar menu better (there is always a bar tender around who knows how to make one).

To the OP, I am so glad you brought this up. I have been totally confused too. Here is what I read between the classic and premium non-alcoholic packages. The classic says "premium" coffees included and the premium package says "specialty" coffees included. I drink mochas and thought maybe that was "specialty". If the classic package includes mochas, I would be inclined to buy it. Can anyone clear this up???

To the OP, I am so glad you brought this up. I have been totally confused too. Here is what I read between the classic and premium non-alcoholic packages. The classic says "premium" coffees included and the premium package says "specialty" coffees included. I drink mochas and thought maybe that was "specialty". If the classic package includes mochas, I would be inclined to buy it. Can anyone clear this up???

Hopefully someone can, but not me LOL. I *think* but could be way wrong - that speciality drinks mean they have alcohol in them?? Irish Coffee, etc with a shot of booze in them.

I think Premium coffees are lattes, cappucinos, mochas - anything that isn't a regular coffee but without alcohol.

I have no idea where I got this though so please someone correct me if I'm wrong!

I think some folks are going to be surprised trying to get an 8 dollar coffee at Al Bacio on the Classic package.

Not completely clear on the coffees but for the teas you could get a $4 tea but not a $5 tea with the Classic. So as you can see the $8 doesn't apply here. To me this is one of the most confusing aspects of the drink packages.

The best thing to do is ask at Al Bacio once you are onboard.

I think some folks are going to be surprised trying to get an 8 dollar coffee at Al Bacio on the Classic package.

Not completely clear on the coffees but for the teas you could get a $4 tea but not a $5 tea with the Classic. So as you can see the $8 doesn't apply here. To me this is one of the most confusing aspects of the drink packages.

The best thing to do is ask at Al Bacio once you are onboard.

What would be an $8.00 coffee?:eek:

What would be an $8.00 coffee?:eek:

LOL, you're right, how about a 6 dollar coffee? Then some of the ones with alcohol might be 8.

The bottom line is I don't think all of the coffees under 8 would be covered on the classic package.

I believe that with the classic package you can order coffees like cappuccino / espresso and the tea drinks in the cafe al bacio, but not premium items like the affogato coffee or the iced iglu coffees or coffee that contain alcohol - but there is nothing to stop you ordering a baileys, then 5 mins later ordering a latte and then mixing the two together yourself;) The rules say you just cannot order 2 drinks per person at the same time....

My understanding is that you can order something like a cappuccino in the dining rooms with the classic package, and a friend of mine did order a coffee once in one of the sky lounges that she got on her drinks package.

The $8 price limit only applies to alcoholic drinks and not coffees - I do agree it is very confusing!

Thanks to all for your input. Coffee (decent coffee) is like oxygen. Need it to live :D So I can get my mochas with the classic non-alcoholic package and that makes me a happy camper (or cruiser!).

I have been confused on this too. I did read a report of someone getting the IGLU frappe with the classic alcohol. And this picture and post would suggest that you could as well. I am hoping so because I don't drink alcohol either and I love the fancy coffee drinks. I have been scouring these boards for info, hopefully some people returning from cruises using the packages from the 1,2,3 promo will start reporting what they were able to get.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36809014&postcount=934

Sil_Food%20Menus_IMG_7653.jpg

Thank you- whoa, that's pricey. Very. Princess had that handy coffee card- it was something like $35 and you got a free travel mug and you just ticked off the coffees as you ordered them- I ended up with more coffee than I wanted.

Can anyone who has had the classic package recently confirm that the Aspen coffee (or others with alcohol @ $6 each) is included in the package? I would think it should be included due to the price, but there seems to be discussion that the coffee drinks with alcohol are only covered in the premium package.

This is the burning question for me. Has anyone been able to get the specialty coffees over $5 on their Classic pkg?

So much conflicting information. :(

This is the burning question for me. Has anyone been able to get the specialty coffees over $5 on their Classic pkg?

So much conflicting information. :(

I'm hoping someone that is cruising soon will report back. I hope there is one of these sheets like I posted above in my cabin because I will carry it with me to Cafe al Bacio to make sure I am able to order what I want. I really wish someone from Celebrity that knows what they are talking about would come on here and lay everything out in a clear and concise manner.

Am I correct that you can purchase the drink packages when you board the ship? Maybe it would be best to wait until then, stop at Cafe al Bacio and ask directly which package covers exactly which coffee drinks. I'm worried that if the mocha/lattes are over 5 bucks that they won't be in the classic package. So much to worry about and so little time!:confused:

Archived