New Years Cruse - Epic or Pearl

thixson

What would you choose???

It will just be me and my 7 year old daughter... Epic has a lot of fun kids stuff, but Pearl has more port visits and a better itinerary is a lot cheaper... Thoughts???

Have not been on the Epic (47 days til I'm there though!), but the Pearl is an awesome ship (was on her in October). The crew was great, the decor was modern, and we not once came close to being bored. There were 8 of us with varying interests and there was always something fun to do. We also all enjoyed the entertainment a lot. There have been many reviews of long lines on the Epic, and I would assume that NYE would sail with a full ship...

You can get some great deals on the Epic any time of the year so if the Pearl is cheaper with a better itinerary... go for it!

My niece (65) and I was on the Epic for 7 nights last December, The ship is nice. Problems elevators in the bow or the stern so you end up going to one end or the other to go anywhere. The cabin design with the "wave" is inconvenient only one person can pass by the bed at a time. The shower on one side and the camode on one side enclosed in frosted glass was unique, no real bathroom and no place to change. You have to insure the cabin door in double locked and the curtain is pulled to have anywhere to change. The water slides would be great for children and I am not sure about other activities for children. This December it will be on the Pearl.

Archived