Sapphires Restaurants??

LB737

Has anyone talked to Princess regarding the menu change in the four restaurants..Is the same menu for all just a trial or is it going to be a permanent thing??:cool: Personally the four different places were a selling point for me.

You will get a different answer depending on how many times you call Princess. It would seem that this is being called a "temporary" change. Many here on the boards consider that to mean "if it works out better than what we had, we will keep it, and if not we will try something else". In general, the Sapphire and Diamond had more trouble with PC dining/reservations/long lines than the other Grand Class ships that just had the 3 bigger rooms. The four theme rooms never did work the way as envisioned.

The different dinning rooms was one of the reasons that we picked the Sapphire! We will be so disappointed if it is only the same as the main dining room food. I hope we will find out before our Oct. cruise how they will handle this. We really would have picked a different cruise from a smaller boat if we had known that this was what Princess was going to do. We could have sailed out of San Francisco, near to us, rather than fly down and board ship in LA just to take the larger boat with what WE THOUGHT would be more options in the food and restaurants!

rwl, yes I can imagine that this change is a great disappointment for folks like you who picked the ship because of the different menus. There was no advance notice of the recent change, so I doubt that there will be much "official" notice of any further tweaking. You said the dining was "one" of the reasons; if you assume that it will not be any different in October would you still want this ship or would you rather re-book something smaller and closer to home?

Archived