Just Back from Navigator

Got back yesterday from cruise on Navigator. Great time in New Orleans pre cruise and a great cruise. Ship is in fine shape and the crew was, maybe, the friendliest ever. Wanted to share this photo that earned our stateroom attendant a WOW card because I walked in after dinner Thursday saw this and said WOW.

399499_2855371159163_237315878_n.jpg

Any firsthand news on Falmouth Margaritaville? Rumor has it it is open but just little bar areas? Escargot on the menu? We had the new menus last fall so I know most of the details but want to make sure escargot is there since half the ships seem to say there is a shortage while the other serve it every night. How's the entertainment in Schooner and the Pub? No one here seems to go to those venues! :D

Any firsthand news on Falmouth Margaritaville? Rumor has it it is open but just little bar areas? Escargot on the menu? We had the new menus last fall so I know most of the details but want to make sure escargot is there since half the ships seem to say there is a shortage while the other serve it every night. How's the entertainment in Schooner and the Pub? No one here seems to go to those venues! :D

Sorry nothing on Margaritiville. We did a horse and carriage ride in Jamaica that we really enjoyed, the area ouside the compound looked a little rough to me. Escargot was hit and miss, one night not available next night it was. Don't know about Schooner and Pub we didn't go there. Loved the fitness center. The guest entertainers were outstanding and the first production show was excellent, the 2nd (ballroom dancing) was not my cup of tea and we left early. Just wanted to add, that I typically find all crews on RCI ships to be freindly, the Navigator crew seemed to be a cut above, EVERY crew member, even the guys hosing down the jogging track in the morning made eye contact and spoke to me. One other note, I don't know if it was southern charm or what but the passengers on Navigator also seemed friendlier and better mannered than any I've been on.

Wow! Haven't had that before :)

First time we ever had anything like that too. We were travelling with 2 other couples, neither of which had anything like it. I think we just had an outstanding stateroom attendant. I saw him the next morning to personally thank him and give him a WOW card.

Got back yesterday from cruise on Navigator. Great time in New Orleans pre cruise and a great cruise. Ship is in fine shape and the crew was, maybe, the friendliest ever. Wanted to share this photo that earned our stateroom attendant a WOW card because I walked in after dinner Thursday saw this and said WOW.....

Sorry I deleted your beautiful photo, I did it to save space.

So you were with the large group of people from the Lafayette, LA area. We have sailed with this travel agency before on different theme cruises; country, rock, cajun, etc.

How were they? Did they behave?

Sorry I deleted your beautiful photo, I did it to save space.

So you were with the large group of people from the Lafayette, LA area. We have sailed with this travel agency before on different theme cruises; country, rock, cajun, etc.

How were they? Did they behave?

Nope we were not with any group. But I thought the passenger's on this cruise were the most polite I have encountered.

Just off Navigator as well and I'll be writing a full review shortly. I didn't notice Margaritaville until we were walking back onto the ship but it looked from a short distance like it wasn't open yet. They had escargot on the menu but since I don't eat it, can't comment on the frequency. I think the people that did have it enjoyed it. I didn't stop in the pub when the guitar player was singing but it did look full that night. There was an older gentleman singing in the Schooner Bar every night. He had a good voice and seemed pretty popular with the guests.

Forgot to mention I second the other poster's comment that the ship's staff was overwhelmingly friendly. Everyone would say hi to you in passing and drop whatever they were doing to assist you as needed. Also agree that the passengers were a very good crowd.

Got back yesterday from cruise on Navigator. Great time in New Orleans pre cruise and a great cruise. Ship is in fine shape and the crew was, maybe, the friendliest ever. Wanted to share this photo that earned our stateroom attendant a WOW card because I walked in after dinner Thursday saw this and said WOW.

399499_2855371159163_237315878_n.jpg

Didn't see that in our cabin either but then maybe pink feathers would have been in order for myself and a few other peeps:)

No escargot at all on this sailing.:( Yes it is on the menu nightly and on a cruise on Oasis early in Feb no escargot either. Shortage.

Margaritaville is still not completed although they are working on it. I did take come photos of it.

Agreed great staff, easy embarkation for us. Taxi arrived at pier at 1030 am and we were on the ship by 10:50 am. That was a record for me including all my Oasis Terminal 18 sailings.

Didn't see that in our cabin either but then maybe pink feathers would have been in order for myself and a few other peeps:)

No escargot at all on this sailing.:( Yes it is on the menu nightly and on a cruise on Oasis early in Feb no escargot either. Shortage.

Margaritaville is still not completed although they are working on it. I did take come photos of it.

Agreed great staff, easy embarkation for us. Taxi arrived at pier at 1030 am and we were on the ship by 10:50 am. That was a record for me including all my Oasis Terminal 18 sailings.

Would love to see the pictures that you have! Weird that there are so many conflicting reports.

No escargot at all on this sailing.:( Yes it is on the menu nightly and on a cruise on Oasis early in Feb no escargot either. Shortage..........

We had them for both our weeks (B2B) on our December 2012 sailing. I guess a lot can happen in a couple of months.

Or are they like oysters, you can't eat them with months that have an 'R' in them. Just kidding of course.

Wow! That is amazingly fast! Our goal is to be at the pier by 10:30 too! I would love to be on the ship that quick!

Would love to see the pictures that you have! Weird that there are so many conflicting reports.

Definitely Margaritaville is not ready. I was in Falmouth on Feb 6 on Oasis and took photos then and last week. Will find them and post. :)

Archived