Just Back from Navigator

Disembarking was no sweat. Our call number was scheduled to meet at 9:00 and we were called right at that time. Went straight off the ship within 10 minutes. Customs people just looked at forms and didn't check passports. I found my luggage in 2 minutes, although my buddy couldn't find one of his bags so he was panicked, though the bag did turn up in the lost luggage section on the other side of the terminal. We assumed they just didn't see his tag with our call number on it.

We were on the same cruise.

#1 Love - the new menu!

#1 Disappointment - the two production shows

Completely agree on #1 Love. Partially agree on Production shows, first one OK, second one left pretty early on, not my cup of tea.

Just off Navigator as well and I'll be writing a full review shortly. I didn't notice Margaritaville until we were walking back onto the ship but it looked from a short distance like it wasn't open yet. They had escargot on the menu but since I don't eat it, can't comment on the frequency. I think the people that did have it enjoyed it. I didn't stop in the pub when the guitar player was singing but it did look full that night. There was an older gentleman singing in the Schooner Bar every night. He had a good voice and seemed pretty popular with the guests.

Off the Nav last Saturday, 2 March.

Escargot on the menu with a statement telling you of a world shortage, there was no escargot on the Navagator's 23 Feb - 2 Mar cruise.

Ship is in wonderful shape, food was good. Very friendly crew. For those in the Comcierge Lounge, great concierge. Chops was better than Portofino, just my opinion - I normally prefer Portofino.

In Jamaica we just walked around the pier area, plenty of shopping. Did not see a Margaritaville, if it is in that area - I thought we walked the whole thing - maybe not. We did not go outside the secure area.

The best get on and get off ever. Got to the pier on 28 February at 10:40am, was sitting in the Prom Cafe at 10:50am - unbelievable.

Same thing getting off. We had early departure times, was sitting in the WJ at 7:15, was in a cab heading to the airport at 7:45. Another unbelievable !

I wish there were more RCCL or X ships leaving NOLA, between the ship and the port crew, it was a painless experience.

We did a few days Pre-cruise at the Drury Inn. I recommend it, good price, centrally located. Cab fare is $33 from the airport to NO, standard set rate. It cost me $7 pp from our downtown hotel to the pier.

Y'all will have a fantastic time - oh - sailing down and up the Mississippi was interesting.

Glenn

Off the Nav last Saturday, 2 March.

Escargot on the menu with a statement telling you of a world shortage, there was no escargot on the Navagator's 23 Feb - 2 Mar cruise.

Ship is in wonderful shape, food was good. Very friendly crew. For those in the Comcierge Lounge, great concierge. Chops was better than Portofino, just my opinion - I normally prefer Portofino.

In Jamaica we just walked around the pier area, plenty of shopping. Did not see a Margaritaville, if it is in that area - I thought we walked the whole thing - maybe not. We did not go outside the secure area.

The best get on and get off ever. Got to the pier on 28 February at 10:40am, was sitting in the Prom Cafe at 10:50am - unbelievable.

Same thing getting off. We had early departure times, was sitting in the WJ at 7:15, was in a cab heading to the airport at 7:45. Another unbelievable !

I wish there were more RCCL or X ships leaving NOLA, between the ship and the port crew, it was a painless experience.

We did a few days Pre-cruise at the Drury Inn. I recommend it, good price, centrally located. Cab fare is $33 from the airport to NO, standard set rate. It cost me $7 pp from our downtown hotel to the pier.

Y'all will have a fantastic time - oh - sailing down and up the Mississippi was interesting.

Glenn

Just off same cruise and there was no escargot on day 1 but it was available on day 2, for sure because I sat next to my brother-in-law who was eating it and disgusting me. LOL

Just off same cruise and there was no escargot on day 1 but it was available on day 2, for sure because I sat next to my brother-in-law who was eating it and disgusting me. LOL

Opps - sorry - I know a couple of our table mates tried and ordered it and was told it was not available.

g

Off Navigator on 02/23. I agree with the other comments about the ship and the crew. Embarkation and debarkation were no issue.

For those asking, the Schooner bar had Herman Harper II as its entertainment. He sings at the piano but it is not a sit at the piano sing-a-long type of entertainmnet. More of a show. Lots of 50's, 60's music. The Pub had a singer doing a lot of 60's, 70's stuff and had more people singing along. Remember though the pub is a smoking allowed venue.

Navigator does not have the Coke Freestyle machines as of 2/23.

And a quick tip for those staying at Fulton Place garage and trying to save a few bucks, if you opt for rooftop parking, be advised that the elevator does not go to the rooftop. Drop your luggage off at the pier before heading over, or stop at a lower floor at the elevator to unload. Otherwise you will have to negotiate some stairs with your luggage.

Opps - sorry - I know a couple of our table mates tried and ordered it and was told it was not available.

g

No escargot, but they had a substitue dish of scallops that were prepared and served exactly the same as the escargot.

In my opinion, they were better! I ordered them every night.

Archived