Epic Disaster

Sorry, but none of that was my most recent experience. If what you wrote is true, Dawn didn't get the memo. They did not serve sparkling wine to those waiting, and wait times were 30 minutes, no matter what time we showed up. We did try making reservations, but they told us only parties of 6 or larger could make reservations.

Ref your "should be viewed as it is at home," suggestion, I see that as a compromise. I just don't like waiting for a table on a cruise. That's just my opinion.

I guess that's where we differ then, on your one cruise you had your experience, over the 12 that I've had, I had to wait 5 times for dinner, three of those on the Epic at 7:30 with a group of 8, 11 then 14 because that's when everyone wants to eat, and on the Epic and the Gem was offered sparkling wine anytime we waited.

You say waiting 30 minutes is a compromise, I say being herded into a meal when I'm told I'm hungry is a compromise. Sounds like you're better off on RCI. As I said, my experiences there were not great, so it's good that we all have choices.

BTW, I wasn't talking about reservations in the MDR, I was talking about the specialties. Strange that you waited at all different times, I eat normally between 8:00 and 9:00 and have NEVER waited for a table at that time, only peak, so I think you were very unlucky, or your range of times is between 6 and 7:30.

You say waiting 30 minutes is a compromise, I say being herded into a meal when I'm told I'm hungry is a compromise. Sounds like you're better off on RCI. As I said, my experiences there were not great, so it's good that we all have choices.

My goodness SuiteCruiser, did you even read what I posted? Here is my post #95.

Ever since the cruise lines came out with anytime dining options, it has been my choice to take those options. This has been my preference for several years now, and you can see in my signature how many cruises I go on in a year and on what ships I have sailed. The only times I was handed a pager and told I had to wait a half hour for a table was on the Norwegian Dawn....and it didn't matter what time we showed up. It was an every night thing.

Could be its just a product of everyone being on the Freestyle system, whereas on other lines, not everyone is doing anytime dining. To me, I find that discouraging and I wasn't a fan of it.

So to repeat, I do prefer anytime dining, have done it for 19 straight cruises now, and no spin you put on it will change the fact that the only time I ever had to wait for table was on NCL. And to go back even further back in this thread, and repeat the whole reason I said it in the first place, it is one point for which I agreed with the op. It's just one small aspect of NCL I do not care for.

And by the way, this was not my only cruise on NCL. :rolleyes:

So your main complaint is about something that 1) can happen on any ship 2) can happen on any cruise line and 3) is clearly covered in the terms of the contract. No port is guaranteed, ever.

LOL! Now THATS funny,,,,, I dont care WHO you are!

Yes, we did have some good times, however when you book with a reputable company you expect them to deliver what they promise in a comfortable, safe setting. Blowing off one of the three stops then telling everyone they are not going to do anything to reimburse you for the lost experience leaves a very bitter taste. Also, the surroundings on the boat were not as safe as I would have expected.

We're just off Oasis. We couldn't stop in Labadee (their private area) because of the weather. I was highly disappointed because my family kept talking about how beautiful it was. My son (16) didn't handle the change well since he was planning on being at the beach all day. Then I reminded him to keep things in perspective and remember that he's 'stuck on a beautiful ship all day while his friends were stuck at home.' He calmed down.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. I've been on several NCL cruises and have enjoyed them. I hope you don't give up on the cruiseline.

As far as the captain...remember it's NORWEIGAN cruise line. Their captains are usually from that area.

I guess that's where we differ then, on your one cruise you had your experience, over the 12 that I've had ..........................so it's good that we all have choices.

My goodness SuiteCruiser, did you even read what I posted? ...................................

...............by the way, this was not my only cruise on NCL. :rolleyes:

Ok.. I've been reading the friendly banter back and forward between you both and I think the burning question we all want to know IS.....

Where did SuiteCruiser get FIVE AWESOME GUYS!!!! :D

You have to laugh LOL......Right?.......Right guys??

Jo

Although I would not characterize as a disaster, I agree with everything said. Family of 5 cruised on Allure last year... Simply no comparison to Epic. I often found the staff to be indifferent and rude on Epic. Food mediocre at best. As to the pool, I can't believe that no one has complained about the condition of the chairs...they need replaced. Trying Disney next year, but will go back to Royal, without a doubt. Never again on Norweigan.

Archived