Drinking Water on Ship

GMRPHRN

Thanks for the advice. :)

Because of forgetfulness, I've had to use tap water in motels before, and the doctor said it's not a health concern but a mechanical one with the machine.

Right. And the manufacturer will recommend only distilled water from a bottle. But the issues come from build up of minerals, etc, clogging of filters from the humidification. I wouldn't use tap water all the time. But for a week it's not going to be an issue.

Just don't admit it if you ever have a problem with the machine. Some companies will use any excuse to void a warranty - no matter how nonsensical :)

Right. And the manufacturer will recommend only distilled water from a bottle. But the issues come from build up of minerals, etc, clogging of filters from the humidification. I wouldn't use tap water all the time. But for a week it's not going to be an issue.

Just don't admit it if you ever have a problem with the machine. Some companies will use any excuse to void a warranty - no matter how nonsensical :)

Normally I always use distilled water. This last trip, due to a few issues, had me using tap water in motels three nights. I brought distilled water on board, but had a few moments of "yikes" getting through security because I had put it in a more secure, smaller bottle than in the gallon jug it comes.

As far as warranty, my machine's already past its warranty and if need be, my insurance is near due to buy me a new one. ;)

Archived