Early boarding Epic

dvmvet

We will board her at something like noon whereas she doesn't leave until 4 pm or so. Can members please suggest where we can go while we wait for our cabin to become available? We try to avoid mass accumulations of passenger areas. We were more familiar with Freedom of the Seas and Allure, where Cruise Critic did lead us to calmer areas of the ship while we waited!

Taste restaurant is included in the package - this has a lot less people than the buffet, needs no reservation at this time. (its just where the escalators are) In fact there were only 3 tables taken when we were on board.

They announced the cabins were open approx 1.30 - while we were still eating.

Take a wander around too - there is so much to see - we found so many people up by the pool bar and buffet - hence why we went to taste.

Also go straight to the booking office and make sure you have booked your free entertainment - it was right by the entrance to the ship. (if you have not already done this online).

We will board her at something like noon whereas she doesn't leave until 4 pm or so. Can members please suggest where we can go while we wait for our cabin to become available? We try to avoid mass accumulations of passenger areas. We were more familiar with Freedom of the Seas and Allure, where Cruise Critic did lead us to calmer areas of the ship while we waited!

I suggest you wear your swim suit on board and hang out by the pool. If you do not want to do that, go have lunch in O'Sheehans. It will be much less crowded than the buffet. Also, your rooms will be ready by 2pm. In all honesty, they will probably be ready by noon .....

We arrived at the port at 11:30 and they were already boarding. The muster drill is at 3:30. So you only have a few hours to have lunch and do some exploring before muster. I suggest a spa tour. They give lots of them on embarkation day (even if you dont plan on buying a pass).

I was on the 2/23 sailing and we were on board by 11:30. We went straight to Taste based on what I had read on Cruise Critic. Rooms ready! announced while we were eating, so that was a good option. No need to wheel your luggage around the buffet and not very crowded.

I suggest you wear your swim suit on board and hang out by the pool. If you do not want to do that, go have lunch in O'Sheehans. It will be much less crowded than the buffet. Also, your rooms will be ready by 2pm. In all honesty, they will probably be ready by noon .....

I concur.

Archived